Thread: Is there a way to have Windows XP display HH:mm:ss time on the menu bar?

question Is there a way to have Windows XP display HH:mm:ss time on the menu bar?

Greetings!

This is my first time posting on this forum.
    While my question is simple, I fear the answer may not be to my liking. :

Is there a way to have Windows XP display HH:mm:ss time on the menu bar?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Is there a way to have Windows XP display HH:mm:ss time on the menu bar?

Gunamoi Nixie Clock 2.1

While the program is running, you can control the way it looks and behaves by right clicking on the clock face, or on the icon in the system tray, to get a pop-up menu. From the menu, your favourite settings may be selected and saved, to be automatically configured next time you run the program.

There are two standard clock sizes available via the menu, or you can resize the window to any size you wish. You may also select a smaller frame around the window instead of the usual window frame. Note that to move the window about the screen, you have to first select the standard window frame, by unchecking "Small Frame" in the menu. After your clock is repositioned, you can reselect "Small Frame" again. Your current window size and location will be remembered when you Save Preferences.

In addition to the clock HH: MM: SS display, version 2.1 now also displays the date. The date display is located below the time, and can be revealed by dragging down the lower edge of the window. The date format can be selected as DD: MM: YY, MM: DD: YY, or YY: MM: DD, via selections on the pop-up menu. Date format and window size will be remembered if you Save Preferences.

By default, the clock will be always on top of any other windows. But this can be changed via the pop-up menu. The NixClock program will not appear in the taskbar. If the clock disappears below other windows, just left-click on the system tray icon to bring it to the front.

Download it from here

you can use VB Code:
    Format(Time, "h AMPM")to diplay time (hour).

I think you people talking about the Taskbar?

We mentioned that NTFS records time stamps in UTC. However, time stamps are translated to the local time selected in your Time/Date settings in Control Panel. Additionally, although UTC normally uses a 24-hour clock, the way time stamps will be displayed in Windows depends on your Regional settings. By default, AM/PM is used, but you can display time stamps in military time (24 hour) by performing the following steps:

• In Control Panel, double-click Regional Options.
    • In Regional Options, click Customize.
    • Click the Time tab.
    • Do one of the following:
    • Change Time format to HH:mm:ss for a 24-hour clock.
    • Change Time format to hh:mm:ss tt for a 12-hour clock.