Thread: Alternate option for Media Player in Vista media Center

Alternate option for Media Player in Vista media Center

Hello Everybody,

Most of the time i used Vista Media Center to browse my video collection, mostly divx rips of films and tv shows. No doubts it works great, but still i would like to know that which is the alternate option for playing movies and songs other than Media Player in Vista Media Center? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly suggest me your views on it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Alternate option for Media Player in Vista media Center

Gom Player is a media player with many codecs built in. It also has the ability to play “broken” AVI files that are missing their index at the end of the file. It’s an excellent primary player application, and it’s flexible because if it encounters a missing codec, it goes to the web and looks for it. The Gom Player supports XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 codecs, and more.

Re: Alternate option for Media Player in Vista media Center

Vista Media Center uses Windows Media Player as the player for all video and sound files (as well as pictures I believe). We want to
    replace this software by another one like say GOM Player that works much better and is more responsive. In Media Portal you can do that we were wondering if someone has done that in Vista Media Center.