Thread: Windows won't start!

Windows won't start!

Cannot get windows to start. It just keeps re-booting. I have tried 15 or 20 times.....same result. I did get to finally dis-able auto restart. Got this on stop:0X00000024,0X83556178,0XC0000102,0X00000000. Anyone know what this is, and what to do to repair? I can't get to windows to run chkdisk, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. OS is XP home edition.

Re: Windows won't start!

Reboot with the windows XP CD. When prompted for recovery, press 'r' to repair windows. Then try chkdisk.

It happens because of overheating of CPU, you should open your case and should check the CPU fan if it is proper or not, once i was facing same problem and reason was one of the clip of my CPU fan was broken...so i bought a new fan and problem was solve...hope this will help you.....good luck
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. Hopefully, one of your suggestions will do the trick. Maybe, my next post will be from MY pc!! Thanks again.