Thread: Why is MAC so costly?

Why is MAC so costly?

Hey guys!
    I have always fantasized about having a MAC machine, but the cost are too high... I can get it but the thing is, i keep on experimenting with stuffs which make me worry... if i screw up a hardware device... it would be too costly to replace... I'm not talking about Intel based MACs, but the original PowerPCs...!
    Does anyone has any idea, why Mac is costly then others...!

Re: Why is MAC so costly?

Hey...!
    Macs do look nicer and have way better customer support and warranties. the extra price is worth it in most cases. macs are really easy to use and get used to compare to windows as well.

hey...!
    well according to me :
    • Apple does all the tests that other OEM's do but also do checks on all the hardware
    • Current macs will probably run 3 maybe 4 more mac OS's very well while OEM's will put vista on there by default on 2gb machines and 2 OS's later of windows will not be capable of running it without hardware upgradation
    • Virus proof: sure its not 100% virus proof but there is way less viruses, spyware and malware because there is less market share compared to other OS's

Hey!
    The "Hand Made" Label :
    Apple builds MAC on an assembly line and is put together by workers while other OEM's will have computers doing this for them. This might be one of the reasons...! And The only point I disagree on in this one about virus. I think the only reason behind the Mac's invulnerabilty to virus' is down to the fact the authors of virus' target the OS with alot more users, ie. Windows. If everybody started using Mac's I'm sure they'd be alot of Mac virus' popping up.