Thread: System Boot Failed

System Boot Failed

My problem: It first crashed and so I rebooted the PC, but when arriving at the window after Windows to enter my password it reboots and it is non stop. I forced it to turn off the switch at the back of the PC so I can restart properly. I got the alert saying "SYSTEM BOOT FAILED" but it's good that it do not restarts for now atleast. After 15 minutes of use on the PC, same problem except that the screen appears with the letters of all the colors on a black background.

First test: memtest to test the DDR RAM. Running very well.

Attempt to remove my graphics card (Geforce) and used the VGA graphics card integrated on the motherboard. It works but after two hours of use it reboots except that there it gets stuck on a black screen with a small indent in the left flashing ...

I checked the fan on the motherboard that runs very well. Also checked the temperatures on the CPU and it is close to 50 which is apparently normal.

My motherboard is dead?

Re: System Boot Failed

Given the symptoms you describe, I would say:

1) AGP graphics card which has dropped:
    Indeed, until the screen where you entered your password to log in to your windows, the card is running in basic VGA. It was then that the drivers are loaded and it starts to display high resolution.
    Or, plant it at the time.

2) evidence, it works with the integrated graphics card.

3) If your pc crashes after a certain time, we need to seek my opinion on the side of T°, which is too high in your case => it may indeed be the cause of the failure of your AGP card.

kraal proposes a multi-solution cases, of course: it crashes because of the graphics card, but also with integrated temperature may therefore be more...

Hmmm .... I would say that would only cause a more coherent

More seriously: I look for power supply .... as often (noname?)

It would be good if you give us details of all the config, to get a clearer picture.

Uh ... 50 °, is not enormous if the figure is in full and not idle.

kraal: the problem is that it has planted even with the integrated graphics card. What is it that I see that even when the PC takes longer (it took a few hours before planting with the integrated graphics card )......

mv: I detail all of the config asap. I had a desire for power supply that I had changed about a year ago ...

Nihir: 50° yes it's not huge according to my best friend ....

angry Re: System Boot Failed

just took the dell computer out of storage from about 2 yrs.It work fine the day i put into storage, but now i get unmountable_boot_volume error
    ***stop: 0x000000ED (0x82B873E0,0x0000006, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

I think your hard disk has gone bad. Computer is also an electronic machine, like other machines, you need to use it regularly, else it gets rusted, specially the moving parts like Processor FAN and Power Supply and also the connectors on the motherboards... This error of yours seems to me due to a bad hard disk... Or try yo install an Operating System again, see if that helps...