Thread: Problem with Windows Explorer

angry Problem with Windows Explorer

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. Whenever i try to open my .avi format videos files, my explorer get automatically pause, and after some time an error message pop-ups on my desktop screen stating that it has encountered a problem and you need to close your windows Explorer for it. It's really annoys me a lot. Can any one tell me why i'm facing such kind of problem on my pc? What can i do to get rid of this problem? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Problem with Windows Explorer

Please follow the following instructions carefully:

• Download and install the Debugging Tools for Windows from Microsoft
    • Download our DebugWizard tool
    • Extract the debugwiz.exe file, and place it anywhere on your system (the desktop will be fine)
    • Click the Browse button next to the Dump file to be analyzed box
    • Depending on the cause of the crash & how your system is setup, the dump file will most likely be located in \Windows\Minidump\. Do a search for *.dmp if that fails. Look for a date/time on the dump that corresponds with the latest crash.
    • Select the most recent dump file, and click Generate Log
    • When the Command Prompt window closes, you should be able to locate the debuglog.txt file in C:\
    • Go to Microsoft Support Services, and select an option to "open" a support request.

• You can use the log file (debuglog.txt) generated to supply the needed information to start your support request.

To fix this problem:

• Close all programs and get to your Desktop.
    • Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced tab.
    • Under Performance, click the Settings button, then click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    • Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select radio button.
    • If you see Windows Explorer listed in the window, click the checkbox next to Windows Explorer to enable it, then click OK. You will be told that your changes will not take affect until you reboot. Click OK and OK again. Reboot your computer by clicking Start, Shut Down, Restart.
    • If you do NOT see Windows Explorer listed in the window, click Add.
    • In the Look in section, click the down arrow and select Villanova (C.
    • Double-click the Windows folder.
    • Locate and double-click on explorer (it may say explorer.exe).
    • When you get the error here, click OK:
    • Make sure that Windows Explorer is listed and that it has a check in the box.
    • Click OK.
    • Close all programs.
    • Reboot your computer by clicking Start, Shut Down, Restart.

System File Checker gives an administrator the ability to scan all protected files to verify their versions. If System File Checker discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the cache folder (%Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache) or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file. System File Checker also checks and repopulates the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run System File Checker. If the cache folder becomes damaged or unusable, you can use the sfc /scannow, the sfc /scanonce, or the sfc /scanboot commands to repair its contents.

If when you try to start Explorer you get the error message Windows Explorer Error: "Class not registered" then you may need to re-register ExplorerFrame.dll .

To do so, Start--> Click Run & type: regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll
    Click OK.

If it doesn't help, then its quite possible that your ExplorerFrame.dll may have been corrupted and that you may have to be replace it with a 'good' one.

System Restore would be an option to consider or else search for its 'Previous Versions' through the Files Properties Box.