Thread: Vista Installation error 0x80300001

Vista Installation error 0x80300001

Hi,

I'm trying to install vista and keeps getting this error 0x80300001 or "Windows cannot open the required file F:\Sources\Install.wim". Its not the disc because I've tried different vista disc. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Re: Vista Installation error 0x80300001

Delete the old partition/format first. Formay full HDD and make new partitions with installation CD.

If your trying to install a 64 bit copy it can only be installed to C: drive which must be the lead drive in your bios. After you've loaded your drivers and partitioned and formatted your drive exit the install and reboot. Go to your bios settings and arrange the order of your disk to ensure that the first disk drive recognized is the drive you've just partitioned and formatted. This is a good idea regardless of whether 32 or 64 version, unless of course you're doing a multi-boot environment.

Follow the followinf steps:

1. Insert the install DVD
    2. Boot into the setup process
    3. Get to the point where you need to select a partition and click Load Driver
    4. Insert driver DVD
    5. Locate the storage driver, in my case the AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller
    6. Notice the message "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. (Show details)" at the bottom
    7. Insert the install DVD back into the drive
    8. Expand the advanced drive options
    9. Create a New partition consuming some amount of space, in my case all of it
    10. Windows says it had to do some funky stuff, click OK
    11. Notice that there is a 200MB system partition and a new primary partition

Select the new primary partition and click Next

From there setup will continue, life will be good, and you can enjoy RAID (and probably AHCI) support on your system.

Hey, Thank You!! That worked great... I was using Windows 7, by the way. The same error came up, and the same fix worked!

Nebersek,
    Worked like a charm. Only difference I had is that when I inserted the install DVD I just hit the refresh and it took me right through the install. Thanks for the help.

how do i get the driver dvd?!?!?!

i have the same error....

i have an HP desktop...

Quote Originally Posted by Karrf View Post
    how do i get the driver dvd?!?!?!

i have the same error....

i have an HP desktop...
    Can you be more specific as to what error you are talking about and getting? Did you install any new hardware or software? Did you try the solution given by Nebersek's from his post? What driver dvd are you talking about, please try to give us as much information as possible so that we will be able to help you.

well... i have a desktop here that had originaly Windoes Vista home premium.... the recovery nd stuff was in one partition right?... well.. my partitions were fully erased when i was out..(left my computer at my friends house for a month)... well... he instaled the windows xp.... but when i try to instal vista... it gives me that error.... nd i dont know how go past the part when the error apears... i dont understand the Insert driver DVD part

I think that error's occuring due to the computer's RAID controller. It has been noted that you should be sure that the drive you are attempting to install to is the first drive (C: ). Even if the computer has only a single physical HDD.

So follow the below step to eradicate the problem:
    • Load the RAID driver from CD. (Vista driver will work)
    • Install the driver and create partitions.
    • Remove the driver CD and insert the Windows Vista DVD.
    • Click on Refresh and the error should disappear.

i did not get any cd's... what is the specific driver i should download??

You will have to download the entire driver package for the model of the motherboard which you are using and which is supported by the operating system. Go to the official website of the manufacturer of the motherboard and search for the latest drivers which are available for the model of the motherboard which you are using and supported by Windows Vista. Installing the correct drivers will solve the problem.

HEEEELLLPPPP!!!! Im getting the same error (the F:/... one) but im using USB to install, becuase all my dvds are HD DVDS and my burner programs only do normal unless u buy it and my one CD is 700mb. HEEELP PLZ!!!

I have exactly the same problem on my Acer Aspire E650 and I have not yet found a solution. I also removed all PCI and changed RAM, hard disk, graphics card and nothing to do. This error was always blocking the end of installation. For that you have to either change an option in the bios regarding the SATA (AHCI mode change in ATA mode) for that.

i hope relys to my post quick, or im SCREWED!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatman123131 View Post
    i hope relys to my post quick, or im SCREWED!!
    Actually to solve this vista error code issue, you just need to remove the driver CD and put back the windows install DVD. Then re-select your partition. This error message is completely stupid and useless. The problem could be also with the drivers for your sata controller.

1. Load the RAID driver from CD. (Vista driver will work)
    2. Install the driver and create partitions.
    3. Remove the driver CD and insert the Windows Vista DVD.
    4. Click on Refresh and the error should disappear.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600