Thread: Stop hidden programs from running

idea Stop hidden programs from running

Hello Friends

I would like to know that how do i stop hidden programs from running behind the screen? I am having a limited plan of internet connection, and there are many programs which run behind the screen, which is unnecessary and wastage of bandwidth of my limited plan. So in order to avoid this waste i would like to stop the hidden programs which run behind the screen. Does any one have any idea how can i do so? Any help on it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Stop hidden programs from running

Most programs that don't start because they are in the Startup folder on the Start Menu. You can stopped them from loading by using the "msconfig" utility. Just go to the Start Menu--> Select Run--> Type msconfig and select Startup tab.

Program Sleuth allows you to add known programs to its hidden list, creating a custom “safe” list for your machine. Any new programs that start running on your system are clearly visible. Program Sleuth can look-up new programs to see what they are, and if they are safe to run. You will get full control to find and eliminate problem programs running on your machine, without an annual subscription. You only need to buy it once.

So to fix both problems I did this:

1. Open up the command prompt.

2. Went to the C: drive

3. Typed this: attrib -h -s desktop.ini /s

(What this command did was disassociate every desktop.ini file in every directory of the C: drive [my hard drive] as being a system or hidden file. I had to do this first because you cannot change [or add attributes to] files that are associated as system or hidden files.)

4. Then typed this: attrib +h +s desktop.ini /s

(This did the reverse of the last command and associated all the desktop.ini
    files as system and hidden files. Thus removing them from all folder views.)

CurrProcess utility displays the list of all processes currently running on your system. For each process, you can view the list of all modules (DLL files) that the process loads into memory. For all processes and modules, additional useful information is also displayed such as product name, version, company name, description of the file, the size of the file.