Thread: How do i Change Windows Vista update settings

idea How do i Change Windows Vista update settings

Hey Everyone,

I'm running Windows Vista on my system. I'm unable to download the latest version of MS Office 2003 from the internet. Whenever i try to update it shows an error message that the update had failed to install. I don't know why this problem occurs on my system, while other updates installs successfully on my pc. The problem is that i can't only update for MS Office 2003. Can any one help me out that how can i change my setting back, so i can remove the updates for OTHER PRODUCTS, and just keep the automatically setting for "Updates to Windows". Does any one have any idea about it? Any kind of information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do i Change Windows Vista update settings

To do change the automatic update settings.

1. Open Windows Update (click the Start Start button button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update).

2. Select Change Settings and choose how you want Windows to install updates.

To turn on Microsoft Update in Windows Vista

1. Open Windows Update (click the Start Start button button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update).

2. Click the Get updates for more products button. (Note: If this button does not appear, it's likely you've already enabled Microsoft Update. This may happen when you installed other software programs like Microsoft Office 2007. In this case, the phrase "You receive updates: For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update" should appear near the bottom of the window.)

3. Follow the instructions to use Microsoft Update. Windows Update will begin to scan your PC for available updates for Windows and other Microsoft products if you have automatic updating turned on.

When working with Windows Update it is important to remember that you must be either logged in as an administrator or have access to an administrator's login credentials in order to install any updates. With that said, to access Windows Update follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start (Start Button) button.

2. In the Start Menu Search Box (Start Search) type Windows Update and press enter on your keyboard.

3. A User Account Control prompt may appear asking if you would like to continue. Click on the Continue button to proceed.

You will now be at the main Windows Update screen. From this screen you can configure how Vista will check and install updates, check for new updates and Ultimate extras, display any available updates or extras, manage them, and install them. In the screen above, there are currently no new updates available. Your Windows Update screen may be different depending on how you have Windows Update configured on your computer. For now, just follow the steps in the tutorial regardless of whether or not you have updates available to install.

Your first goal is to make sure that you have Windows Update configured in the most secure manner possible. To configure Windows Update please click on the Change settings option in the navigation bar on the left. You will now be at a screen where you will be able to set up how Windows Vista will download and install updates on your computer.

Windows Update allows Microsoft to automatically send you patches for Windows Vista. You can change the Windows Update settings to suit your needs. Follow these steps:

1) Click the Start button, choose All Programs, and choose Windows Update.

2) Choose Change Settings from the leftmost pane.

3) Make your changes and then click OK.