Thread: No Sound and Runtime Error '62' in Windows ?

No Sound and Runtime Error '62' in Windows ?

Hello everyone
    Recently I Have a problem with the Winlogon and Therefore I Have Repair MY system After Which I do not have any sound in I check the Control Panel and In the Control Panel the audio volume is grayed out There is no way to adjust the sound and there is other error message also which less serious but irritating it Happen at During the Booting of My system the text in the Error message is This Runtime error 62 - Input past end of file, please Help Solve this Problem Thanks in Advance .

Dr. V Guest

Re: No Sound and Runtime Error '62' in Windows ?

Hello , The error "Input past end of file" (error code 62) can occur when you use the INPUT # statement in a loop to iteratively read a fixed number of values from each line of a sequential (text) file, and one of the lines in the file has the wrong number of values. This happens because INPUT # reads across line boundaries. For example, when there are too few values on a line, INPUT # continues reading values from the next line. This leaves too few values on the next line for the following INPUT # iterations. When reading the last line in the file, the error occurs. But So this problem may be occuring as you might not have the latest updated of your pc , please try to update your pc .

Hello, Check a thread on common Windows runtime Error Code Here is the Link Runtime error Codes

Hi Error #62 Input Past End of File is a Program Exception Error and a Script runtime error. It means "A sequential file has been improperly created or edited and a line is missing" So it has something to do with an installed program. A few options... 1. delete the Users.dat from within the program folder. if the file does not show up; go into your windows explorer options and choose to show all known file types and show hidden files. be sure to write down your character names by opening the Users.dat file with windows notepad. 2. the startup view file has been corrupted. by reading the program.ini file you can find out which View is the startup view. delete the offending file and restart the program. you will get Error 53 'file not found' the first time you start the program after deleting the file. the next time you start the program there will be no error message. 3. data file is corrupted probably do to a bad floppy disk. 4. error when loading/rescanning a large database. update the program. 5. in regional settings, check the language and the date/time. 6. this error may be a problem with the template files. the template files either have been corrupted or have coding errors within them. the files are not providing understandable code for the program. to correct this problem, you need to replace your template files. 7. no View handles. the maximum number of database View handles has been reached. increase the number Views=value in the database.