Thread: Vista 64 bit and Wifi Problem

Vista 64 bit and Wifi Problem

I have a 64-bit Windows Vista which cannot connect to the router, it is "limited" I do not have internet access. My drivers are up to date, my router works with a laptop running on Windows XP. Do you know what prevents the connection to be established? Thank you
    I CANT EXPLORE THE WORLD BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLE JUST THE SPACE I GOT IS WHAT I NEED.

Re: Vista 64 bit and Wifi Problem

What is the make/model of your router? You can always try to give an ip fix of your wireless card (in "Network Connections" <Right-click the connection <Properties < Internet Protocol (IPv4) <and you define IP, subnet mask and default gateway) is not used by other devices on your network ... I'm not sure it works, but for me it has solved some problems.

For stationary applications, try a wireless bridge. Get it set up once, and thereafter, it's plug & play, driver-free, and OS-independent.

E.g. Buffalo Wireless Ethernet Converter. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833162168

They have additional benefits of potentially better hardware (more space), positioning flexibility, support multiple devices, don't need opening up of the PC, etc. Requires an available Ethernet port, which is pretty much a given these days and not nearly as finicky in terms of drivers and configuration as wireless.

(You can also do this with 3rd-party firmware such as DD-WRT on a compatible router, e.g. WRT54GL or Buffalo WHR-G125, running in client bridge mode.)

One of the workrounds with network adaptors driver problems in Vista (64bit and even XP x64) is to figure out the chipset that the adaptor is using - and going to that manufacturers sites to driver those drivers.

Some common chipsets found in network adapters include Broadcom and Ralink.

Try to determine which one your Wifi Adapter is using - go to that chipset's website and see if there is Vista drivers for it.

This was a case with my ASUS WL-167G USB wireless adaptor - no XP x64 drivers, but I found out that the chipset used was a Ralink RT25xx one - and so happens that the Ralink site has drivers for it for all Windows versions, and that fix my problem

I assume that you are stopping the drive before you remove it...

What it sounds like is that Vista is also stopping the Wi-fi device when you go to remove your flash drive. Not sure what you would do to fix it... might have to be a driver update or possibly a MS hotfix...