Thread: How to Disable Asp .Net Machine Account in Windows ?

How to Disable Asp .Net Machine Account in Windows ?

Hello , Everybody Can You tell me How can we delete an Asp .Net Machine account ? Whenever i Start My Computer I got this Account Beside Other Accounts Like Guest Also a few days mesage on the screen appear asking for a password in this account but How Can it Ask Me a Password for the Account that I Have not created. I already tried with My account, but i can't do nothing because it asks me for the password of asp net. please Help me Solve this thanks In advance for your replies

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to Disable Asp .Net Machine Account in Windows ?

Hello , You can remove this account, but it is vital if you do asp.net development work on your machine. By removing the account you may find your ASP.net projects will no longer function correctly. It is possible to recreate the user by issuing the following command from the run dialog (changing the framework version number as appropriate)

%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe /i

As to the ASP.NET account, it is created through the installation of the .NET Framework. It's hidden by default as it's used solely for select Microsoft software to operate efficiently in the background. It's nothing to worry about and is best left alone as some programs you have may fail if you remove it.

ASPNET is an account created when you have the Internet Information Server installed and also the .NET Framework, which Microsoft wants you to install.This is the account that is used by IIS to run any ASP.NET 1 and ASP.NET 2 applications in the IIS Server. It is not harmful to your system, nor it is a trojan or virus related. I would recommend leaving it, since MS might be counting on it for other MS applications to work (system services)

If you’re just using your computer for personal use (i.e. if you’re not a software developer who needs develop and test software with Internet Information Services (IIS)) you can safely remove this account in one of the following ways:

Delete the account
    1. Launch the Computer Management tool within your Administrative Tools folder (under Control Panel)
    2. Select the Local Users and Groups node
    3. Click the Users sub node, highlighting the ASPNET account
    4. Right click the highlighted account and choose delete

Hope it will help you Thanks

When I open computer management I can't seem to find the Local Users and Groups node, any help please?