Thread: Repair the Boot Sector

Repair the Boot Sector

hi
    my old hard disk is not working properly as i connect it computer its sounds badly and pc get slow. on some moment pc get hang also, my friend told me that this could be due to bad sectors on hard disk so its not working properly.if i connect it on primary sometimes it boot well and some time shows ntdlr missing error.please tell me what to do to repair it.
    thank you.

Re: Repair the Boot Sector

for ntdlr read this NTLDR is Missing

If XP won't start it may be due to a damaged boot sector or a missing or corrupt ntldr or ntdetect.com files.

To replace damaged ntldr and ntdetect.com you can copy fresh files from the XP CD using the COPY command. Boot with the XP CD and enter the Recovery Console (as above). At the Command Prompt type the following (where "X" is your CD-Rom drive letter) allowing the files to overwrite the old files
    COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C:
    COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:

To repair a damaged Boot Sector at the command prompt type FIXBOOT and press Enter. Then answer "Y"

if you have windows 98 bootable cd then you can do it with that.just boot from cd ,with dos console there scan hardisk for badsector

try DD Regenerator ,it is unique software program for regeneration of physically damaged hard disk drives. It does not hide bad sectors, it really restores them!

If you suspect that your hard
    drive contains bad sectors, you may experience difficulties when you try to copy data from your disk, or notice that your operating system is unstable or discover that you are unable to boot to Windows altogether. But there is no need to panic and start paying lots of money for a business recovery service, or throw out your hard drive thinking that your important information is lost for good.

Take advantage of HDD Regenerator - the unique disk recovery program that rescue computers by regenerating hard disk drives from bad sectors.