Thread: Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Hello
    I will soon buy a computer (in spare parts). I wonder whether it is really necessary that I buy Vista. I think of downloading Windows 7 and of installing it on new the config. Think that with beta, my computer will be able to turn on until October (left 7). My use will be of 60% Internet and 40% gaming.

Thank you

Re: Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Buy Vista, you will be benefitted from the programm for free exchange for Windows 7.

You can also dual boot windows xp and windows 7. Refer to this article: Installing Windows XP after Windows 7 (Dual boot)

If you're dying to try out Windows 7 but aren't ready to give up your installation of XP or Vista, let's take a look at how to dual boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista.

Download the Windows 7 Beta and Burn It to a DVD
    Assuming you've already downloaded a fresh copy of Windows 7, you'll need to burn it to a DVD in order to do a fresh installation. To handle this task, grab a copy of the most popular CD and DVD burning tool ImgBurn, burn the ISO to a DVD, and move right along to step 1.

Partition Your Hard Drive
    Before you go installing Windows 7, the first thing you need to do is create a new partition on your hard drive to hold the new installation of Windows. Partitioning your hard drive will vary depending on whether you're running XP or Vista—namely because Vista has a partition tool baked in, XP does not.

For more steps follow this link.