Thread: winhlp32.exe Error In Vista

winhlp32.exe Error In Vista

Hello, Guys My freind Has given some files and Softwares When I try To open , i dont Why it Does not Happen for Some Reason ,Whenever I try To open it i get the Following messages .

Why can't I get Help from this program?
    The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista. For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows on the Microsoft support website.
    Please Help Me Solve This Problem Thanks in Advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: winhlp32.exe Error In Vista

Ever since Windows 3.1, Microsoft included the Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) with new releases. WinHlp32.exe is used to view 32-bit Help files that have the .hlp file name extension. Starting with the release of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, Microsoft has decided to no longer include in WinHlp32.exe as a component of the Windows operating system. Microsoft made this decision because WinHlp32.exe has not had a major update for many years, and it does not meet our standards for all new Microsoft programs. Microsoft realizes that this may cause some problems for customers who want to upgrade to Windows Vista or to Windows Server 2008 but still rely on 32-bit .hlp files. Therefore, Microsoft is making WinHlp32.exe available as a download from the Microsoft Download Center. I dont Have the link now But you can Search in Microsoft Website. Hope it Will help You

To install the correct version of this update, you must know your Windows version. Additionally, you must be logged on to Windows as an administrator. If you are not sure which Windows version is installed, or if you need help verifying that you are an administrator, click here to verify your environment. Then, download the correct update by clicking one of the following links.

Download WinHlp32.exe for Windows Vista
    To obtain the WinHlp32.exe download for Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=82148

angry Re: winhlp32.exe Error In Vista

All very well until you get on the merry go round of trying to download the file and verifcation (which takes you to the MS Windows advertisement screens) ... I am the administrator, I own the computer and software - there are no other users on my system. All I want to do is download this file and I think it might be easier if I was running a pirate version .. I seem to have to update this genuine Vista at least once a fortnight, so why has this file become the elusive fix? Logic (sic) would be that this would form part of the continual updates .. Any suggestions (not involving the merry go round) or some link to where I can just get the file without the hassle would be appreciated (before I change to a Mac)