Thread: Windows Vista Bootup problem

sad Windows Vista Bootup problem

Hello Friends,

I have install Windows Vista on my system. Recently i had bought a new Ram to speed up my system. I had removed my graphic card in order to install the new Ram in one of the slot occupied for inserting the Ram. Then i had rebooted my system after inserting the new Ram, it got started after giving three consecutive beeps. But it automatically went to reboot and now its showing me the booting error. Does any one have prior experiences this kind of problem? Kindly help me out to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Re: Windows Vista Bootup problem

If you are having problems starting Windows Vista, then your first step is to use the automated repair tool called Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a diagnostic tool that can be accessed via the Windows Recovery Environment. In order to start the Windows Recovery Environment you must boot your computer off of the Windows Vista DVD that you purchased or that came with your computer. To start this process, insert the Vista DVD into your DVD drive and turn your computer on. Your computer will start and you should see your BIOS listing your hardware and other information.

Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly, or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. If a problem does not reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers as possible causes. If a recently installed program, device, or driver prevents Windows from running correctly, you can start your computer in safe mode and then remove the program that is causing the problem.

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer. Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button Picture of Lock button, and then click Restart.

2.Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
    • If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press ENTER. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the display. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

If you are using XP or Vista, you have a this. You can access the boot menu by loading your MSCONFIG. During the boot up your computer issues a time out to find new hardware and software. You can short this time to boost your startup speed.

1. Open your Start menu.

2. Click Run

3. In the command screen type msconfig

4. In the system configuration utility,click either BOOT tab.

5.In the boot menu, change the default setting for Time Out from 30 to 5 seconds.