Thread: File "Access denied" in Windows 7

File "Access denied" in Windows 7

hi,
    i have Q6700 @ 3.5 Stable,Motherboard XfX 790i Ultra,GeForce 8800 GTX OC Corsair Memory 2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM,instaleed windows 7 but the poblem is when i try to connect to scanner it says access denied.i dont how to slove the problem,please help me!!!

Re: File "Access denied" in Windows 7

1.) Goto the computer with which you have attached the scanner .
    2.) Open its Computer management dialog box by Right click onto MY Computer ICON and choose "Manage" option .
    3.) It will open the Computer Management windows .
    4.) Goto Local users and computer and Click on USERS .
    5.) There will be guest account , which is disabled while you working onto domain/workgroup environment .
    6.) Just enable this "Guest " User account , by clicking onto it and goto Properties , then General Tab , Uncheck the "Account is disabled" option and restart , that Computer with which you have attached the printer physically.
    7.)Done.

Mainly because the folder "Documents and Settings " doesn't actually exist in windows 7.you can see it there plain as day light - but it is a fake, a special junction point (or symbolic link) to maintain compatibility with windows 7. Files saved to "Documents and Settings" actually get saved elsewhere ...

• Log on to the computer with an account that has administrative credentials. If you are running Microsoft Windows 7, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.
    • If you are using Windows 7, you must disable Simple File Sharing.
    • Right-click the folder/file that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).
    • Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
    • You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folderName. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?
    • All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
    • Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.