Thread: System Restore initialization process failed

System Restore initialization process failed

Hi My Pc Cannot Perform the System Restoration Process ,Whenever I try to Do the System restoration Process is Give me the Following Error: "System Restore initialization process failed" After that Then My Pc Hang please Help Me Solve this Problem thanks In advance For Your Suggestion

Dr. V Guest

Re: System Restore initialization process failed

You can try Starting System Restore from the command promptTo start System Restore using the Command prompt, follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer, and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
    2. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
    3. If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
    4. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
    5. At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
    6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.

Hello , You Can try Reinstalling System Restore in Windows XP This May Help Your PRoblem System Restore is one of the most useful tools available in Windows XP, which can help you restore the computer to an earlier state, when a problem occurs in your computer. There are situations where you are required to reinstall System Restore in order to restore its functionality. This article explains how to reinstall System Restore using the INF file.

Reinstalling System Restore
    1. Click Start, Run and type %Windir%\INF
    2. Locate the SR.INF file. If you have configured Windows Explorer to hide known file extensions, the file may show up as SR. To see the file extensions for all file types, then try this:

• On the Tools menu in My Computer, click Folder Options.
      • Click the View tab.
      • Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.

3. Right-click the SR.INF file, and then click Install
    4. Windows will now attempt to reinstall System Restore, and may prompt you for the Windows installation source path. Point to %Windir%\ServicePackFiles folder, or insert your slipstreamed Windows XP (matching the Service Pack level of your system.)
    5. System Restore core files will be reinstalled. Restart Windows when prompted

Hello, You can try To disable system restore, go to control panel, perfomance and maintenance, system, and select the system restore tab. You can probably just reset it, but I to be honest I've disabled this, and I don't really miss it. Disclaimer: It may be not be advisable for you situation to disable system restore; I am not /suggesting/ that you do that, merely that I have, in my particular circumstance, without negative repercussions.