Thread: Window Vista could not detect wireless device at first start up

Window Vista could not detect wireless device at first start up

Hello,

I am using Lenovo 7757 laptop with Window Vista Home Premium.

When I turn on the laptop, it failed to detect the wireless device and the bluetooth device. The key Fn+F5 and Fn +F6 do not help to turn on the device either. But, when I switch the laptop to 'low-power state' and turn back on again, the bluetooth icon appear back on the taskbar and it successfully connect to the internet. Previously, I have no problem with this when i'm using Window XP and it's annoying to do this everytime I turn on my laptop.

I try to find solution from the web but couldn't find any answer for this problem. Hope someone will have a solution to this problem.

Thanks
    Teabag

Re: Window Vista could not detect wireless device at first start up

So the device doesn't show up at all, even as an "Unknown" or "Other" device? Do you have a Bluetooth switch, or perhaps software in Windows XP that enables or disables the device?

Yup, there is a button switch for bluetooth/wireless. The first time I turn on the laptop, the light is constantly 'off'. There is no response when I switch on. In Vista, under 'network and sharing center' there is a 'diagnose and repair', it stated my wireless device is not connected.

So, after I put my laptop into 'low power state' and turn back on, the bluetooth light is 'on' and my wireless is back to normal again.

Hopefully I will make your day . My day was made when my Dell Inspiron 1705 with the EXACT same problem finally got fixed. This should work if you do it exactly, I know, parts of it sound just like what you have been told to do a thousand times already, but the end steps are different. Just make sure you read through the whole thing first.

This is what I did-
    Went to the Dell site, and found the driver downloads page for my computer and find the bluetooth driver. For Vista also, it should be R140135 and around 44 MB. Downloaded it and started the installation. I knew... it wont install. All I needed it to do was extract the files. Then, opened C:/, opened "dell", "drivers", "R140135", "3100_216", "Win32", and the application "Inst". It run, installed but still tell me to turn on the device. Clicked cancel and finish. Once the installer closed, went to the system tray at the bottom of the screen, right clicked on the bluetooth icon and clicked "Turn bluetooth adapter on" That solved the problem.

If not, sorry. It fixed it for me after several weeks of hassle, customer service chats, emails, etc. Good luck!!!

This is something new that I am read... that bluetooth is detected only in low power state mode! I know problems with bluetooth devices not detected in Vista. Mostly Vista 64-bit version gives such problems. See this similar discussion here Bluetooth Not Working in VISTA

I have tired reformat the laptop, now everything is working fine. Maybe the software is not properly install when i'm converting from XP to Vista. Thanks for the help anway.

So the bluetooth is detecting with no issues now, hmmm. But you had to format the PC. Anyways, getting problem solved is what is important and lastly when there are no solutions that work, format is the last option left which resolves almost 95% of PC problems.