Thread: Sapphire HD4870X2: black screen in bios

Sapphire HD4870X2: black screen in bios

I am currently in the process of updating all my stuff (gently, I can not afford to buy everything at once). So I bought last week a Sapphire HD 4870 X2 to play properly with my 24".

I had no problem to install the card, except that the 8 pins PCIe cable from my power supply was not compatible with the card (the pins are not the same), and I therefore plug the adapter into the molex.

1st boot: black screen before the summary of the bios, but I saw my hdd led, and my CD player stimulated as bullets, and I heard the fan blowing the SO good heart.

I have a small reset to see, and there, boot normally, I can uninstall the old video drivers, install the new roll and it (well almost, I reinstalled windows yesterday because of jerks in games that I don't have any more now).

Finally, the next evening, I turn on my pc, the same black screen. As before, a small reset and go.

So it makes me that on every boot, when the card is cold it seems.

I thought of a supply problem, but it is a Seasonic S12 650W, it is almost new, so I do not think it comes from there.

My config:
    Asus P5N-E SLI
    CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6600
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2GB
    HDD: Maxtor 80GB SATA
    PSU: Seasonic S12 650W
    LG DVD recorder just rotten that makes noise
    Antec P182 case

The 3 fans included in the present case, settled in low or med on my mood and the outside temperature ..

Like I said, surprised that it comes from food, because apart from the GRAPHICS CARD, I have nothing that consumes a lot.

I know that my config is not homogeneous, but I have to wait several months before you can upgrade mobo + cpu + ram.

Do you have any ideas on the origin of the problem?

Note that I do not know if I have beeps during the black screen because I do not have speakers.

Re: Sapphire HD4870X2: black screen in bios

Strange, so each time you start you must type reset pr to boot properly?

card defective or incompatible with the motherboard ...

Try to test your card on some other pc.

Yes, this is it.

Unfortunately it will be difficult to test it yet, I'll see if it is possible.

I hope that the card is not faulty, it works especially well when the pc has booted, which is quite rare for defective equipment

I would a little more about sake of compatibility, and I hope

I would also say incompatibility should not exist. Otherwise it may be due to a problem initializing the graphics card caused by a lack of current at startup (would then be the motherboard at fault).

I propose to try to connect your screen to the other DVI input and see if you still have the same issue.

I believe an inconsistency to the con, as you say. I tried changing the DVI port, but the same.

By against, I noticed that in fact it was only the display disconnected, everything else is perfect, the system load (I had the Windows menu at startup saying that the launch was interrupted unexpectedly at the moment after a reset).

Thank you for your answers!