Thread: Unable to get into SafeMode

angry Unable to get into SafeMode

Hey Guys,

I have Pentium 4 pc at home and i'm not able to go into the Safe mode. whenever i turn on my pc it windows doesn't open, it keeps on poping up "safe mode, safe mode with networking etc" and then it restart automatically. I tried to reboot it and try to reinstall Windows Xp, but it starts the process and in between it says checking windows and then it crashes to BSOD. I tried out everything to get my pc into safe mode but unfortunately couldn't succeed. Can any one help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Unable to get into SafeMode

Try out the other way.Go to Start Menu--> Select Run--> Then type in msconfig, and click OK. When the System Configuration Utility window comes up, click the BOOT.INI tab, select SAFEBOOT, and then OK. You will get asked to reboot and when you do, it will come up in Safe Mode.

When you're done in Safe Mode, go back to msconfig and remove the checkmark from SAFEMODE.

Have you tried to cleaned up all the 'viruses' (i.e. trojans etc) by any updated antivirus software?

To run computer in safe mode just restart your pc in press F8 and choose safe mode with networking. And then a screen appear in which some words are written as its a registry checking, wait for some time then pc will automatically log on to safe mode in that you can see all your account. Or as you say, you can't able to login into your account just restart your pc and press F8 and something written like"run computer previous on good known condition" select that and your problem will be corrected.

Dr. V Guest

Try to pres F5 key, which should take you straight into Safe Mode. If will take you to the Boot Menu instead, just keep on hitting F5 key again and again.

If the virus detection screen offers the option of "Allow access," take that option. That should let the boot process proceed and let you delete the file once you get it booted up.