Thread: why PCs is crashing ?

why PCs is crashing ?

hi i am using windows xp. i have problem regarding pc my pc crashes in every month some times twice thrice can any body tell me why this things happen.is their any solution for it ?please tell me what to do thank you.

Re: why PCs is crashing ?

there is lots of reson for crashing pc for me it was Bad Ram.you need to detect and trouble shoot that part .Due to Ram problems poping on the blue screen of death with a message saying Fatal Exception Error. A fatal error indicates a serious hardware problem.it may mean a part is damaged and need replacing.
    this happen might be caused by a mismatch of chips. For example, mixing different frequency Ram will usually force the computer to run all the Ram at the slower speed. This will crash the machine if the Ram is overworked.

One solution for this is enter the BIOS settings and increase the wait state of the Ram. This can make it more stable. Another way is to rearrange the Ram chips on the motherboard, or take some of them out. Then try to repeat the circumstances that caused the crash. When handling Ram try not to touch the connections.

Parity error messages also refer to Ram. Modern Ram chips are either parity (ECC) or non parity (non-ECC). It is best not to mix the two types, as this can be a cause of trouble.

EMM386 error messages refer to memory problems but may not be connected to bad Ram. This may be due to free memory problems often linked to old Dos-based programmes.

Dr. V Guest

Re: why PCs is crashing ?

due to crashing system has become unstable and busy," it says. "Enter to return to Windows or press Control-Alt-Delete to restart your computer. If you do this you will lose any unsaved information in all open applications."

Hardware conflict
    reason why Windows crashes is hardware conflict. Each hardware device communicates to other devices through an interrupt request channel (IRQ). These are supposed to be unique for each device.

For example, a printer usually connects internally on IRQ 7. The keyboard usually uses IRQ 1 and the floppy disk drive IRQ 6. Each device will try to hog a single IRQ for itself.

if devices are not installed properly, two of them may end up sharing the same IRQ number. When you tries to access more devices at the same moment crash can happen. The way to check hardware conflict is through the following route:

Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Device Manager.

Often if a device has a problem a yellow '!' appears Highlight Computer (in the Device Manager) and press Properties to see the IRQ numbers. If the IRQ number appears twice, two devices may be using it.

Sometimes a device might share an IRQ with something described as 'IRQ holder for PCI steering'. This can be ignored. The best way to fix this problem is to remove the problem device and reinstall it.

Sometimes you may have to find more recent drivers on the internet to make the device function properly.When working inside a computer you should switch it off, unplug the mains lead and touch an unpainted metal surface to discharge any static electricity.