Thread: Vista premium to Business

Vista premium to Business

can you upgrade to vista business from premium. I have full install business but dont want to do clean install. I just want the fax machine

Re: Vista premium to Business

I will suggest you to upgrade into windows ultimate instead of going for business as it has both the features of premium as well as business.......
    so i will suggest you to upgrade it into Ultimate version and it will not create any data loss too during upgradation..........

of course that would be the best. Unfortunately I have a Vista Business full install that I own. suggestions for something other than a "custom install' as microsoft calls it (clean install) I would rather keep the premium version rather than going through the hassle.

The Windows Anytime Upgrade provides for people moving to Ultimate, but if you just want to move to Business, then this is what you need to know.
    • Windows Vista Home SKUs qualify to use VUP FPP media
    • As the home SKUs have some features that are not present in the business SKU, you have to do a clean install, the same as for Action Pack Upgrades. You can however do an in-place upgrade to Ultimate.
    • The only media you can use to perform the home to business upgrade is retail upgrade media
    • To preserve the settings that apply and documents etc, you can export your files and settings and then re-import them on the new system using the Easy Transfer Wizard, although things such as parental controls etc would not be there, so no longer work

hi,
    The only upgrade possible from Home Premium is to the Ultimate edition. The reason is because the Home Premium edition includes media components whereas the Business version doesn't. To install the Business edition you will need to perform a clean install.That would be a downgrade you can not downgrade from Home Premium to Business .Home Permium has to be upgraded to Ultimate !!If you want Business you have to clean install it.

The is no direct upgrade path to Vista Business from Vista Home Premium. A clean install would be required. Vista Ultimate would be the best choice if you wish to upgrade to the features found in Vista Business.

To confirm this comment, refer this Microsoft link - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...-overview.aspx

NOTE: Vista Home Premium is not a downgrade of Vista business - in both home products there are features that are not in the Vista business product.

I hope I have not confused things - this is for people who have accidentally bought a Windows Vista home, but need business functionality.

If looking for a fax software for windows vista premium, just checkout this www.rkssoftware.com

You can also refer this earlier discussion http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1041647.htm

I downloaded RKS fax program very recently and tried it on Vista. Seems to me that it works perfectly. It does as much as I need a fax program to do and it's only twenty bucks. I'm using the 30-day evaluation right now and I'll most likely pay the registration fee before the evaluation period is up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination