Thread: Cannot Run Winamp in Windows 7

Cannot Run Winamp in Windows 7

Hello,
    I just installed the beta version of Seven, and I have found only one bug related to the software is for Winamp. I can start the installation and completed it but after that windows refuses to run the software Somebody has already had the same problem? please tell how did you managed to find a solution?
    Thank you in advance

Re: Cannot Run Winamp in Windows 7

if you have plugins from Third party installed the are not supported. The Kernel Streaming plug-in may not work with windows 7, but that is something you want to contact the author about. (Besides, Beta operating systems are not supported either).

I had the same problem: After install windows 7 beta 7000 and imported my appdata Vista, everything worked except Winamp it was same problem except that you: installation ok, but crashes at launch

Solutions: (after some searching on the net):
    I deleted my old config in C: \ Users \ <bibi> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Winamp (attention cookies, enable the hidden files: Control Panel / Folder options / view / show hidden files) and restart Winamp and it was working fine. hope it will help you

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    I had the same problem: After install windows 7 beta 7000 and imported my appdata Vista, everything worked except Winamp it was same problem except that you: installation ok, but crashes at launch

I deleted my old config in C: \ Users \ <bibi> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Winamp (attention cookies, enable the hidden files: Control Panel / Folder options / view / show hidden files) and restart Winamp and it was working fine. hope it will help you
    Hey thank you,it Work you saved My day.

sad Re: Cannot Run Winamp in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post

Winamp doesnt crash for me.. but i have to wait about 20mins till it starts.. i did try to delet that.. and it works but only the first time, the second time i gotta wait again about 20mins