I have Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3
    Graphics card: 4850e 512mb DDR3
    Memory: DDR2 2x2048MB
    Hard Drives: Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB, Samsung 1x 500GB
    CD-Rom: LG 52x
    S-ata DVD-Rom: LG 16x
    S-ATA DVD burner: SH-223f
    ATX Power Supply,running windows xp,it works fine but problem is when i start xp Windows automatically opens the folder C: \ program, and I can not solve the problems,I have nothing in the Startup folder.I tried with various antitvirus (AVG, Avg Anty spyware).Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Windows start up Issue

Watch the first in these locations then in the Windows registry if you find anything abnormal other than your programs in your startup:

C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows \ Load

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows \ Load

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curr entVersion \ Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curr entVersion \ RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curr entVersion \ RunServices

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curr entVersion \ RunServicesOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curre ntVersion \ Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curre ntVersion \ RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curre ntVersion \ RunServices

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curre ntVersion \ RunServicesOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ run

Then go into safe mode and check if it opens in that location, repeatedly pressing F8 when you restart the window and selecting choices.

hi,
    Try to check if new program was recently installed on your computer,If you recently removed a program or a Windows component from your computer by deleting it manually, related information that is still on your computer may be causing the problem. To remove the program or component, first reinstall it.

hi,
    Go to start run and type msconfig, and brought into the panel startup uncheck all the applications, leaving only that dell'antivirus and firewall if you have, and hit apply. restart the system at this point, the folder does not need more 'open: begin to add a check at a time you have programs that you removed and restart reapplied after each check up ,but I think it is the only way to understand what causes this.