Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get an error while running Automatic backups in windows vista?

Get an error while running Automatic backups in windows vista?

Hello Friends

I face problem while scheduling automatic backups on my system. I have installed Windows Vista on my system. It shows me an error "Can't find file" with this code (0x80070002) Can any one help me out to resolve this problem? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Re: Get an error while running Automatic backups in windows vista?

Hey not sure about it but you can try out by running "Error Check" on your system.

That error code means that a file that initializes the component being accessed is corrupt or missing.

Try running the System File Checker which will replace and missing or corrupt system files

Go to Start and type cmd.exe In the results, right click the cmd.exe file and select the Run As Administrator option. In the command dialog, type the following.

"sfc /scannow" and Press ENTER.

I solved it by checking all the drives, which showed me some errors on my system. I just did it by opening Computer and right clicking on the drive name -> Then selected Properties -> Tools -> Error-checking -> After that i clicked on Check Now. It seems that backup refuses to continue, it cannot copy a file that was specified, because of disk errors.It proved that my C: drive had some errors.Then i tried running "Checkdisk" on C: drive only after doing a reboot, at the time of startup. I was able to check the other drives only while running the Windows.

After fixing up the errors, my automatic backup seems to be Ok.

Hope it helps you.

Dr. V Guest

It seems to be caused by an error in the registry which is somehow caused when a user profile is removed. Keys are left in the registry which lack Profile Image Paths. These then cause Restore & backup to fail with the 0x80070002 error.

Look at the keys under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

The longer value keys will have ProfileImagePath values with values such as 'C:\Users\Username' where Username is the name you have given a User Profile. However, you may have some keys in there which lack a ProfileImagePath value altogether. These would seem to be erroneous. I deleted two keys which did not have this value (save copies before you attempt to delete them). Then when I retried Backup & Restore center it worked perfectly.

hi, how can we solve a problem caused by the system its self, when

windows vista keeps appearing regarding the error 0x80070424 automatic backup.

appreciate any reply,

Nasir

The error code 0x80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates. Please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges. Also please check in your Services.msc, if your Background Intelligence Transfer Service is started and set on Automatic.

first scan your system for viruses and run an antispyware application, such as Spybot Search & Destroy. Some spyware, adware, viruses block the windwows update sites but if you are reaching the windows update it could be a modified boot.ini file.

I've downloaded and installed spybot then I ran it twice, but I keep getting this messege:
    An error occurred when checking the status of the last automatic backup:

the specified service does not exist as an installed service. 0x80070424) verify the status of your backup

I want to know how to edit boot file on vista.

appreciate any reply

Nasir
    Last edited by thena9ir; 27-10-2009 at 06:06 AM.

Vista itself doesn't use a recovery partition or perform automatic backups. For this issue, we suggest logging on Windows Vista with administrator account. Then click Start, type Backup in the search list, right click the Backup and Restore Center, and choose Run As Administrator. That recovery partition was actually created by your computer's manufacturer and contains a full backup of the OS as well as most updates, but none of your installed software and documents. Please then check if the problem can be resolved. A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

Check for virus and spywares. I think your computer is infected with some. I think You should install a great antivirus first... Viruses these days have become too smart...

I started windows as in diagnostic run, then the messege came back. I also unchecked all services and starups progs but the messege came back. but when I started in safe mood it it didn't come!!!
    I'm thankfull for every effort presented by such good normal humanbeings. I wish god guides us all to his destiney, ameen

by the way I'll update you ,, regarding the messege (lol) I'm a taurus

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by thena9ir View Post
    I started windows as in diagnostic run, then the messege came back. I also unchecked all services and starups progs but the messege came back. but when I started in safe mood it it didn't come!!!
    I'm thankfull for every effort presented by such good normal humanbeings. I wish god guides us all to his destiney, ameen

by the way I'll update you ,, regarding the messege (lol) I'm a taurus

have fun
    Keep updating, may be there is some details you want to post which can help us to help you? So do post back...

Windows has a built-in facility for running periodic tasks called the Task Scheduler. For this issue, we suggest logging on Windows Vista with administrator account. Then click Start, type Backup in the search list, right click the Backup and Restore Center, and choose Run As Administrator. For Vista, click on Administrative Tools, then Task Scheduler. To see the 'properties' of the task, right-click on the task name and select 'Properties' from the menu.

I am sorry but I installed vista product key finder, and since then I never seen the messege and my vista is operating good.
    Nasir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast