Thread: Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

question Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

Hey Guys. i'm fed up of using multiple discs when formatting my hard drive. i have a Geniune Windows XP SP2 CD & other driver CD along with some personal data. Is there a way to integrate everything in a single master DVD which can be Windows XP bootable?
    help guys!

Re: Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

You can make a bootable DVD, which u say a master DVD with all ur stuffs along with Windows XP bootable.
    For doin this u will need two softwares. [Which i used, u can use anyone if u think will work]

1. Nero
    2. WinRAR
    3. Magic ISO

• create an ISO cd image of ur windows xp bootable disc.
    • now open the image with winrar & extract its content in a suitable folder.
    • now open the image of xp which u created earlier with magic iso.
    • below the tool bar of it the status of the image will be show i.e. is it bootable or non-bootable [it should show bootable]. on the left of the status, there will be a button [very tiny] with a down arrow with some boxes. click that button [ this button is for saving the boot information of the image on the disk to use it later].
    • save this boot information at appropriate location.
    • Next, start Nero Burning ROM and choose DVD-ROM (Boot) in the New Compilation window. On the Boot tab, select Image file under Source of boot image data, and browse to the location of the boot information file of windows xp that you saved earlier using magic iso. Also enable Expert Settings choosing No Emulation and changing the Number of loaded sectors to 4 (otherwise it won't boot!)

• The ISO tab should be configured correctly as shown below:

• You can configure the Label tab to your liking, I would however recommend that you keep the Volume Label the same as on your original Windows XP CD. Here are some (English) Labels:

• Windows XP Professional: WXPCCP_EN
    • Windows XP Home: WXHCCP_EN
    • Windows XP Professional OEM: WXPOEM_EN
    • Windows XP Home OEM: WXHOEM_EN

• now click on new button on the top right.
    • add windows xp files that you extracted from the image using winrar.
    • now add your data to the compilation.
    • when done adding all data burn the DVD disc.
    • done!

Re: Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

will try it out tonight. thanks for explaining it so well. cheers!

ThumbsUp Re: Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

Hey! thank you Man! It worked! I now carry only a single DVD disc with all my softwares, drivers & my personal files! thank you once again!

question Re: Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable

Is it possible to make a Windows Vista DVD the same way??

Yeah. u can make the windows vista DVD too but the mesthod is some different. check this for more details :
    How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??