Thread: Download Ubuntu 8.10 Beta 1

Download Ubuntu 8.10 Beta 1

Pending the final version, whose output is still scheduled for 30 October, the impatient can get an idea of the first new integrated into Ubuntu 8.10 by downloading the beta first made available by developers. After six alpha versions, Ubuntu 8.10 Beta 1 marks a new step towards the finalization of this famous operating system free. As always, we recall a beta version should be installed only for testing, and should not be used as a daily work environment.

On the menu of Ubuntu 8.10 - code name Intrepid Ibex, or intrepid ibex in the language of a comedy person, found as the main novelty the incorporation of the graphical environment Gnome 2.24, recently finalized. Remember that it introduces among other things a new mail client, Outlook, compatible with protocols such as Jabber, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger or Apple's Bonjour. X.org password manager for its version 7.4, and now offers better support devices connected to hot.

The kernel 2.6.27, which fixes many bugs inaugurating a function to restore the last state operational known, is also involved. The manager Network Manager now in version 0.7 and now supports analog modems (PPP) as well as ADSL (PPPoE) and 3G. A new feature will also be easily opened a session called, functions and limited access, allowing a user to quickly read his e-mail or surf the web.

The full list of new features can be accessed, via this link. There are also detailed some operational problems already identified. Note that distributions Kubuntu and Xubuntu 8.10 Beta 1, with which Gnome is replaced respectively by KDE and XFCE are also available.

I would like to test it, thanks for the news. Ubuntu is a good distrib. And the new Gnome is not bad as well.

I will test it, I had a lot of setbacks with the 8.04 (at fault wifi), I hope things will be facilitated at this level, and improved compatibility

stevejohnson Guest

Download Ubuntu 8.10 Beta 1

can anyone help me to download this software i am getting error while downloading this software.

Ubuntu 8.10 RC available

The company Canonical Ltd. has announced the release of the pre-final version of the operating system in Ubuntu 8.10. Recall that the development cycle of Ubuntu is marked with two updates per year.

At the code name Intrepid Ibex, this new version will carry several updates. The Gnome graphical environment is now in version 2.24 and reveals a new IM client called Empathy and compatible with the Jabber protocol, Google Talk, but also Windows Live Messenger or Apple's Bonjour. X.org password manager for its version 7.4, and now offers better support for devices connected to hot. Also note that the manager administrative rights will create on the fly a session "invited" with limited privileges for a temporary access to certain programs.

See the complete list of news here. The final version of Ubuntu 8.10 is scheduled for next week.

Finally, it is very good news!
    I will try this weekend!