Thread: Mount disc with volume data

Mount disc with volume data

Not sure if this correct area of forum but Hi.

I have a CD with images on it my friend sent me but i cannot open anything on it. When i select one, it gives an error message saying

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1408/93176594ba1.jpg.

Also when you press cancel to this it says:

"Cannot open file.
    trnp00112:\trnp0000\pic00\00112.jpg"

some of the images have different volume labels (like tnrp00113 tnrp00114. Im really lost on it, i tried MagicISO and Daemon tools, really dont think its something to do with an iso/mounting an image.

So i think it requires me naming my C drive or CD drive to the volume label name by clicking on the map disc volume checkbox and entering the old and new drive names in the 2 boxes. Im not going to do this without asking cause it seems extreme :s

All help appreciated.

Well, it seems to me that the images were not copied properly or your friend made a copy of the shortcuts prolly.

What type of file format the images are (like jpg, jpeg, bmp, etc...)?

Yogesh Guest
    Welcome chris-uk-lad. You can Introduce Yourself

Where was the source of the files when they were copied to the CD? If they are copied from USB device or any such external drive, then there is the possibility of the files not getting copied properly on the CD. In such case, no program will be able to open these files. Otherwise I had never faced problem opening and image file through Daemon Tools. It works best for almost all type of image files.

seems you identified it, asked my friend and he says he copied it straight from his external hard drive ^^;

so theres no way to open these now?

Yogesh Guest
    I just guessed because I believed strongly that this could have been the reason behind this problem. Thats what the problems I have faced many times - copying the files from external drives to the CD, then deleting the original data without checking the CD working properly or not, and finally to know that I have lost my data forever And lastly, only blaming myself or the person who copied the data to CD .

I was never able to get back such a data from CD. Also could not find any tweak or third party software that can fetch it for me till date