Thread: Windows XP trick

Exclamation Windows XP trick

Some random ahole has done something to my pc that is causing every 20th/30th input command (from the mouse I believe) to repeat itself.

So if I'm working within an application, every few minutes a single click (for example) renders as a double click. This is starting to sh!t me.

I would love to get my hands on the quirky social degenerate that employed this prank/trick but they are the sort who can only do this type of thing from hiding.

Can anyone advise on what has been modified on my pc and how to fix this problem.

Cheers.

scrap that - too many late nights and too much coffee me thinks - post edited.

Every 20th/30th input command on my pc (from the mouse I believe) is repeating itself.

So if I'm working within an application, every few minutes a single click (for example) renders as a double click. This is starting to sh!t me.

Can anyone advise on what has been modified on my pc and how to fix this problem.

Cheers.

Did you check with another mouse to find out if the mouse is not at fault? Did you find anything suspicious under the processes running? There might be a process called WSCRIPT.exe which you have to end it.

I'm using another mouse, plugged straight into a USB port instead of via an adapter - seems to have fixed it.