Thread: ASUS P8H77-I with Kingston HyperX Fury problem

ASUS P8H77-I with Kingston HyperX Fury problem

I am using a Asus P8h77-i motherboard and have recently bought Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866 RAM and I not able to get this advertised speed of the memory in my system. It looks to me that the RAM is automatically getting set to run at 1600mhz by the motherboard. When I am trying to change it to 1866mhz in bios then computer is not at all starting. Now I am confused and dont know if there is another setting to be done for getting the full speed of the RAM? Anyone can help?

Re: ASUS P8H77-I with Kingston HyperX Fury problem

Most the new motherboards have XMP settings, so try to enable it by going into your bios. You can find the XMP profile by going into Advance Mode of the bios and under AI tab, it will be present. If that setting is not there then try to download the latest bios file for your motherboard model and flash it. You can easily get the latest motherboard bios from the official website of Asus. Hope this helps you out.

I am also using Asus Z97 board and on the basic UEFI Bios page I can see an option to enable the XMP profile, just look at the left hand side. After you have enabled it then some settings get changed in the advanced and Ai tweaker pages. If I dont enable it then the Kingston 1600mhz memory that I am running on my board runs at only 1333mhz, after enabling it only I will get the 1600mhz speed of the RAM.

Can you tell us what CPU are you using? I am guessing that you will require a 3rd generation of CPU and only then you will get the full speed of the Kingston memory. You might also need to set the RAM timings manually. Also, try to clear the CMOS on your motherboard because there are sometimes Asus boards have conflicts in BIOS. If this doesnt work then you can try to reinstall the latest bios firmware for you board and then test.