Thread: cannot copy more than 2-3gb of data on Kingston MicroSD card

cannot copy more than 2-3gb of data on Kingston MicroSD card

I have recently purchased a Kingston 32GB Class 10 MicroSD card. It is working absolutely normal when I am copying only few files (music, video files) which is below 1gb or so and can even play it on my Galaxy Note 2 mobile phone. But if I copy a lot of data around 2-3GB then the card will get slow and it will not be able to read that file. Also, sometime the microsd card will say that it is damaged. Only after formatting the card will work but for few files only? Does anyone know how to fix this? TIA

Re: cannot copy more than 2-3gb of data on Kingston MicroSD card

Can you please tell us how are you formatting the MicroSD card, whether connecting it to computer and then formatting from there or from within the mobile phone that you are using. The best way to format MicroSD card is to do it within the mobile phone itself. You could even try to format it on your computer but only with some SD card format tools provided on the internet to ensure that it is formatted properly.

Even I have noticed that if I copy a ISO file of a pc game or some data which is more than 1.5gb or so then the copy process will work but as soon as it is going to be completed then I get an error message and the copy fails. So I have to make a winrar or winzip data file of not more than 1gb which gets slit up accordingly and then copy the same data on the microSD card. This is the only way to copy data file which is more than 1gb of size am afraid so.

If you have bought the MicroSD card recently and think that it is faulty then you can try to replace it since it will be in warranty. Other than that since it is a MicroSD card it doesnt have that much of read and write power compared to traditional hard drives or SSDs. There are memory card above Class 10 that have some good read and write speeds but again the copying process is the same for all kind of sd cards.