Thread: Kingston HyperX RAM with Asus P7H55-M problem

Kingston HyperX RAM with Asus P7H55-M problem

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on Asus P7H55-M motherboard along with recently bought Kingston HyperX RAM of 8GB, Intel Core i3 processor and GTX 650 graphics card. After connecting the RAM and starting the computer it boots to the motherboard screen but after that I am unable to get into the BIOS because it will not go further than that. I have checked that this RAM is compatible with my motherboard. So what could be the other issue? Any ideas

Re: Kingston HyperX RAM with Asus P7H55-M problem

How much RAM stick do you have purchased? Can you try to test with just one stick of RAM and test whether the PC is able to boot to Windows or not? I would also suggest you to increase the VDIMM to 1.65 volts and see if that does something. Just save the setting and restart your pc and ensure that atleast 1 RAM is booting properly or not. After that shut down the whole pc and then add the 2nd stick of RAM and check the output.

In order to get stability first, you will need to reset the BIOS to default settings. The motherboard that you have supports RAM speed till 1333mhz by default, so if you have a RAM of 1600mhz then it will run at the low speed of 1333/9. When you are installing 2 modules on Asus motherboards then you need to insert the RAM sticks normally in the A2 and B2 slots, which is the darker colored slots.

Have you tried to make sure that the RAM sticks are compatible with your Asus P7H55-M motherboard? You will have to check the motherboard manual for the compatible memory support for your board. Most of the motherboard manuals I have seen include all this kind of information. Test by 1 RAM sticks at one time and also run memtest overnight to ensure that the RAM isnt faulty and giving any sort of errors.