Thread: Intel DH61WW and Kingston HyperX Fury RAM question

Intel DH61WW and Kingston HyperX Fury RAM question

I am using an old Intel DH61WW motherboard with only 2GB of RAM. I am now looking to upgrade RAM in this mobo and for that I am going to select Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM. I was wondering if the board that I have is able to support all the 8GB of memory or not? I have also purchased a 650Watts power supply to get support for my graphics card and RAM as well. So can anyone tell me whether I should go with this RAM or not? Thank you

Re: Intel DH61WW and Kingston HyperX Fury RAM question

I dont think there will be any problems running the Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM on your Intel DH61WW desktop motherboard but note that if it is a 1600mhz memory then it will be run at only 1333mhz. This is by far the highest frequency speed supported by the motherboard that you own. Talking about your Power Supply, if it is a bronze certified or a quality 650W PSU then it will be good enough for running a single graphics card on your system.

What is the make and model of your power supply and which CPU are you using? If it is a brand from Corsair, Antec or Seasonic, etc; then it will be more than enough to run your video card and rest of the hardware components without any issue. By the way have you already bought the graphics card or you are looking to get one. If you want to buy a new GPU then I would recommend you to go for the AMD Radeon R9 270 with Boost OC 2GB GDDR5 graphics card which is bang for the bucks.

Sometimes there are chances for a compatability issues. But, in any case, your motherboard supports 8GB RAM per slot so you will not have any kind of issues. Just note that the RAM will auto-adjust itself to 1333mhz, since your mobo cant run a RAM at 1600mhz. You can check the below link that shows the compatability with H67, P67, Z68, Z77, Z87 and H61 Intel chipsets, as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 AMD chipsets:

http://www.kingston.com/us/hyperx/memory/fury