Thread: kingston hyperx fury problem in MSI H55M-E33

kingston hyperx fury problem in MSI H55M-E33

I recently bought Kingston HyperX Fury 4gb RAM for my MSI H55M-E33 motherboard and it is giving me some trouble at boot. I am also using Kingston KVR RAM which seems to be working fine. After inserting the new RAMs I went into Bios to set everything on default. But when Windows 8.1 started to boot, my computer suddenly started shutting down. Even after restarting the pc it still gave me the same trouble. So, now I am seeking any assitance on this issue, if you can help me? Thanks

Re: kingston hyperx fury problem in MSI H55M-E33

Did you try to set the RAM speed and timings? You will have to set them for all the RAM sticks installed on your motherboard and not for any single stick or pair of them. When you are mixing RAM sticks that were not binned and sold as a set in the case where they are not identical make, model, speed and timings, then to get them to work on your system you will need to default them to the lowest common settings and speed. Can you tell us which sticks you have put in which slots on the mobo?

You got a Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB RAM which seems to be a high density memory and therefore it may be not supported by your motherboard and CPU. I will suggest you to check the memory search by looking up your mobo to verify if it is supported, you can find it on this link - http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/options. Incase you mobo is not listed then this newly released memory module is not supported on your board. You can also try to call Kingston at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada) and ask them for some support.

Well, incase your memory is not compatible with your motherboard then it will be a good idead to contact the reseller from where you purchased the RAM sticks and ask them for a return policy. If you are able to return the Kingston RAM sticks then I would recommend you to get the Crucial CT2KIT25664BA1339 which is compatible with your MSI board and this RAM also doesnt have any issue with the board. It also goes around well with all the Intel i core CPUs.