Thread: Kingston DataTraveler pen drive without any space even after reformatting

Kingston DataTraveler pen drive without any space even after reformatting

I was using a Kingston DataTraveler 32GB pen drive which used to work fine before. But now a days, if I am plugging this pen drive in the USB port on my computer then this drive is still recognized but it is not showing any disk space or something. If I am trying to open it then it gives me an error message to format the drive but even after formatting the drive it will not work at all? How can I get it to working, any ideas? Thanks

Re: Kingston DataTraveler pen drive without any space even after reformatting

Can you try to use diskpart to format your flash drive and see if that works. To do that launch command prompt in admin mode. After that type diskpart and press Enter. Now, type list disk and press Enter and then type clean and press Enter. After that type create partition primary and press Enter. Now you need to type in Active and press Enter. After that type format fs=ntfs label=yourflashdrive quick and press enter. Now type addign and press Enter. Lastly type Exit and then press Enter.

Have you tried to use your pen drive in another computer and checked if it is working or giving you the same problem? It might be possible that the issue you are facing could be file structure. So to solve this, try to open your My Computer and then note down the drive letter of the pen drive first. After that Go to Start > Search > type cmd and then type type the following in the command prompt - attrib -h -r -s F:*.* /s /d (where F: is your drive letter). After that exit the cmd and then check if the files and folders are appearing.

If the above solution doesnt work, then try this solution. First open Computer Management and check if your pend drive is listed under the disk management. Once you find ir then right click on it and select Change drive letter and paths and select a path you do not already have, like for example "K". Incase you get any error message then go to Device Manager and click the View menu and open and click show hidden devices where storage volumes will appear and then right click on the Unknown volume and choose uninstall. After that right click on Storage volume and select Scan for hardware changes. After that your device will be found but as Generic volume and then you can access it normally.