Thread: Kingston HyperX FURY RAM showing less in BIOS

Kingston HyperX FURY RAM showing less in BIOS

I have recently purchased new sticks of Kingston HyperX FURY RAM 64GB (8x8) in total. I inserted this RAM on the memory slot of my Asus Rampage IV motherboard. I am also using the Intel i7 core processor on my computer build. After starting my computer, when I went into the BIOS settings then the total RAM was showing only 48GB RAM approximately. I dont understand why is it now showing the whole amount of the RAM? Does anyone have any solution for this issue? Thanks

Re: Kingston HyperX FURY RAM showing less in BIOS

Well, can you try to insert 1 RAM module (DIMM) only and check by going into the BIOS menu what does it say? After that move it to all 4 slots and observe what result are you able to get. After that you can also try to do te same for the remaining 3 DIMMs. This way you can find out whether this is a memory slot problem or an issue with the DIMM. Once you have got the test results then you can try to fix or replace whatever shown in the results that you have performed.

I would first suggest you to remove and reinsert the RAM sticsk in Dimm1 or Dimm2 with another set of RAM sticsk and also make sure that all the memory kit are firmly seated. You might not be able to identify the DRAM but if I am guessing then it could be either 1600mhz or 1866mhz. So, if this is the case then try to raise the VCCSA voltage to 1.2 or else do the same with the 64GB whole RAM sticks. Try to perform all this methods suggested and report back with the results.

Have you tried to perform a BIOS update for your motherboard? Just go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and search and download the latest BIOS for your mobo and install it. You can even try to download a tool called memtest and check if all your 64GB RAM is detected. Have you tried testing any old memory in all of your memory slots on the motherboard and see if it is working well. Try to also reset the CMOS settings and see if that helps.