Thread: bootloop issue with Kingston HyperX RAM

bootloop issue with Kingston HyperX RAM

I was searching for some extra RAM for my pc and so I purchased 2x4g Kingston HyperX RAM 1600mhz. After inserting it and booting up my pc with this RAM I am getting an error message that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and then goes into bootloop. I have also used another Kingston 1.5v RAM on this pc instead of the 1.65v previously and my pc is working well without any issues? Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue.

Re: bootloop issue with Kingston HyperX RAM

I think that the motherboard model that you are using is not compatible with the ram which is taking more voltage and therefore you are facing that kind of issue. So the only solution to this problem is to get new RAM apart from the 1.65v. As you have also told that the 1.5v ram modules are working on your system then your main problem is solved. What is the make and model of your mobo? Check to see how much voltages does your mobo supports, if its till 1.5v only then there is nothing you can do.

The problem is that the 4GB sticks are acutally high density which is made by 4GB DRAM and if you have any LGA1156 motherboard then it will not support high density now. Kingston team wont be able to produce low density 4GB RAM sticks and also does not support Intel 5 series or earlier motherboards. However, you can try to search for a proper compatible RAM module like the KVR1333D3N9/4G which is discontinued but still you can get it from an online market if it is possible.

First of, can you tell us which motherboard are you using? Can you check whether there is any bios update available for your motherboard which might solve the issue that you are facing. Just be cautious while updating the bios or otherwise any mistake will brick your mobo forever and you wont be able to recover at all. Also, the HyperX memory might not be compatible with your system. Or else there could be some issues with the RAM itself, so try to scan it thoroughly.