Thread: Kingston pendrive shows 0 mb?

Kingston pendrive shows 0 mb?

I am using a Kingston DataTraveller 101 G2 pendrive from quite some time. Recently it has started acting weird all of a sudden which I dont know. I was actually formatting this usb drive when it got stuck at 60% for more than 1 hour. So I removed it without the "remove drive safely" option. Now, I believe due to this the usb device is showing only 0 mb when I am plugging it in my computer. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Kingston pendrive shows 0 mb?

Can you tell us whether the file system of the Kingston pendrive that you have is showing as RAW? If yes, then you can simply perform an elevated prompt format option. To do this you will need to launch command prompt as administrator. Just click on Start and then select All program and then Accessories. Here you will see Command Prompt shortcut, simply right click on it and choose Run as administrator. After that type in format drive-letter:/fs:filesystem. Not that the drive letter should be the usb drive letter which you need to input. Once the formatting option ends then check if the usb drive is working normally as it should.

You will have to ensure that the drive letter that you are using is the correct one for the USB drive or else it do the format for the other internal/external hard drives connected in your computer. You can even try to run a chkdsk on your Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2 and see if that helps. To do this follow the above steps again to open command prompt in administrator mode. After that you need to type in chkdsk drive-letter: /f. The /f command is used for chkdsk to solve any errors that it finds automatically.

You can even download a tool called HP USB Disk Storage Format to solve this problem. This software works as a utility for formatting USB media or audio player. The application will provide a full formatting of the media. Indeed, it can format FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems, but it also allows you to create bootable disc. This software supports all USB keys available on the market. Therefore, whatever you want to format, like removable disks, it will take them all over.