Thread: ASUS P5G41T-MLX wont start with Kingston RAM

ASUS P5G41T-MLX wont start with Kingston RAM

I am using an old ASUS P5G41T-MLX motherboard and have recently bought 8GB RAM stick of Kingston. The processor that I am using is quad core 9550. After plugging the RAM on the motherboard my computer is not starting even though the fans are rotating normally. So, I tested with the old RAM again and it is working fine? Can anyone please tell me what is going on and how would I solve this issue? Thank you

Re: ASUS P5G41T-MLX wont start with Kingston RAM

It might be possible that you have plugged the RAM sticks in the wrong slots on the motherboard. You must first find the manual and check what configurations are possible and what all RAM slots of the mobo you should use. What is the RAM speed that you have bought, did you ensure that your motherboard supports that much of RAM speed? Is it a dual-channel or a tripple-channel memory? Can you tell us the make and model of the RAM that you have bought?

I think that there could be a problem with the voltage of the ram and nothing else. Lets say if you have bought 1333mhz model RAM for a 1333mhz (overclocking) motherboard then you will have to do some overclocking for the memory controller to get the full speed of 1333mhz. Incase you did not perform any overclocking then still your ram should run at 1066mhz by default. Can you tell us where exactly have you purchased the RAM from so that we can get some details of its model.

As per your motherboard manual, it seems that your mobo supports dual channel RAMs only. What it means is that you need to have the RAM installed in pairs because your board will not take one single stick of RAM. You can check the motherboard specifications on the official website of Asus and see if it can take single stick of RAM or not. If it wont take, then there is nothing you can do to get those RAM working in your system. If possible then also check the frequency and timing of your new RAM is compatible with the motherboard.