Thread: No device drivers found error while installing Windows 7 on Kingston SSD

No device drivers found error while installing Windows 7 on Kingston SSD

I have recently bought a new Kingston SSDNow V300 solid state drive. I am trying to install Windows 7 on this new SSD. But when I am trying to install Windows 7 from a burnt ISO on this Kingston SSD then I am getting an error message that states "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK." Can anyone tell me what should I do to fix this issue? Thanks

Re: No device drivers found error while installing Windows 7 on Kingston SSD

You should know that the Sata drivers are not always included in Windows 7 which is required to detect the SSD for every computer. Incase you have got another computer with Internet then you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and then download the latest Sata chipset drivers or the mobo. After that save the drivers to the usb drive and then load at that point of the installation. This way the SSD will get detected in your computer. Just ensure that the drive is also being detected in the BIOS also.

What motherboard model do you have? If you have a Z68 motherboard and something similar then you wont have to face any problems. Just make sure that you have plugged in the SSD to one of the native 3GB Sata ports. If you have put it in a 6GB sata ports then it will require a driver because it is implemented with a different chip. After you have installed the operating system along with the 6gb sata port drivers, you must be able to relocate the SSD to one of the faster Sata ports.

I have noticed that there are sometimes Windows has some problem with Sata, especially if it is being installed for the first time with a new hardware configuration. You can try to use a method by selecting the IDE (PATA) in the BIOS menu before trying to install the OS. This way you will make the system to believe it is installing onto a PATA drive instead of a Sata drive. Once Windows is installed, then it will normally find the proper drivers on its own and then you can switch back to Sata mode again.