Thread: Kingston 6GB 1333mhz RAM compatible with Medion MS-7658

Kingston 6GB 1333mhz RAM compatible with Medion MS-7658

I am using a Medion MS-7658 motherboard with 2 RAM sticks of 2GB 1333mhz. I am looking to upgrade to another 2GB of RAM so that I can have a total of 6gb RAM installed in the machine. After buying same model Kingston RAM of 4GB with the same specifications, I inserted 2gb stick with my other 4gb module. But after turning the pc, the computer starts to freeze at the boot screen. If I am tyring to use only the old 4gb stick the computer boots fine. So, does this mean that the RAM is faulty or is not compatible with the motherboard.

Re: Kingston 6GB 1333mhz RAM compatible with Medion MS-7658

It might be a bad RAM stick that you are using. Have you tested to boot up your system with the new Kingston 4GB RAM stick that you have bought. Dont use the old RAM stick but use only the new one and then see if your system boots or not. If your system boots with the new RAMs then try to test the memory sticks with a tool called memtest86. You need to run this tool overnight for 5-6 hours and then it will produce a report where it will let you know if the RAM are bad or not giving you errors.

If you are using a Medion MSI MS-7658 motherboard then you should know that your mobo only supports single-channel architecture RAM. It simply means that all the socket needs to be equally in size or else it will not work at all. You can try to add 2x4gb RAM modules if you want but you cannot just simply mix sizes. Otherwise, you can try to test the RAM stick on other system and see if that works or not. This way you can find out whether the RAM are faulty or not.

Can you try to check your 4GB RAM module whether it is Single Rank or so. If that is the case then this high density ram is not supported in your motherboard model. Kingston has stopped supporting Intel 5 series motherboards because there is no support for 4gb high density memory. So, try to return the kingston memory if you could from the store where you have bought it since there is nothing you can do to make that RAM work on your motherboard.