Thread: Kingston's Flying Horse USB Drive Overview

Kingston's Flying Horse USB Drive Overview

There is a trend of giving female friends gifts which are very costly. But accept it, we guys don’t really enjoy spending that much money. I mean, we spend a lot on our female friends and in the end we are left with nothing but a smile on their face. During Jan’14, something amazing, in a way, happened. I was thinking what to give to one of my female friends on her birthday when i suddenly came across a pendrive that was just launched by Kingston. That pen drive has been named as Flying Horse. It obviously does not fly but looks, in a girl’s word, cute.
    Remember when we use to watch cartoons and female characters would be shown playing with a pony of red colour? That is exactly the kind of design that Kingston has launched Flying Horse in.

Being a guy i am more attached to technology. So all i could think about gifting her was something related to technology. But i did not want to get embarrassed in front of everybody also. So when i came across Flying Horse i ran my searches.

Kingston has a reputation in technology market and trust me, it stood to its reputation. When i saw the price tag i literally got economically happy. This is something that every boy will understand. It has been priced at 1,200 INR and if you purchase from Flipkart or Snapdeal you even get a heavy discount. I got 45% off. Now every boy will strongly understand why i got happy economically. Plus it is Pony shaped which i was sure would make my female friend happy.

However, there was a lot to search so i continued. While going through the features i read that it has the capacity of 16GB and it was available in red colour. So i immediately ordered the Flying Horse Pen Drive. Then there were some features that i became familiar with while using it. I did not want to ruin the packing so i ordered 2.

I used it for 2-3 days and man it was amazing. With 16GB capacity i got a great compatibility. I have Windows 8 and it worked excellent. For testing it to more extent i used it with my friend’s System that has Windows 7 installed and it worked same. After reading its features properly i realized that it is compatible with Windows XP and Mac as well. What added cherry on this cake was that i got 5 year warranty with free technical support.

First there was a smile on Pony’s face, after seeing its features and price smile was on my face and after giving it to my female friend there was a smile on her face. It was cute. However to warn you, if you have a sister don’t show Flying Horse to her. Smile might be on her face instead of being on your face. Just like i am right now.

But on a serious note, it is worth purchasing. For saving money and for seeing a cute childish smile on your friends’ faces.

For a quick reference i am summarising all its features:
    1) 16GB capacity
    2) USB 2.0 Compliant
    3) OS compatibility: Widows 8 & 7, Windows XP and Mac
    4) Heavy discount of 45% on purchase from Flipkart and Snapdeal.
    5) 5 year warranty with free technical support
    6) Priced at 1,200 INR

Re: Kingston's Flying Horse USB Drive Overview

Is this available in India, if so from where I can buy it or purchase it online via any website? What is the maximum read and write speed that you were getting while transferring any data from your computer to the usb drive? Can you show the benchmark results of this usb drive?

Hey!

Yes, it is available in India.

Kingston Flying Horse Limited Edition Features & Specifications:
    Dimensions: 43.7 x 32 x 41.4mm
    Compliant: USB 2.0
    Capacity: 16GB
    OS Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), Windows 2000 (SP4), Mac OS (v. 10.3.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +)
    Part Number: DTCNY14/16GB

You can refer kingston's official website for further details and it will also guide you where you can buy it from

Quote Originally Posted by tech889 View Post
    Hey!

Yes, it is available in India.

Kingston Flying Horse Limited Edition Features & Specifications:
    Dimensions: 43.7 x 32 x 41.4mm
    Compliant: USB 2.0
    Capacity: 16GB
    OS Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), Windows 2000 (SP4), Mac OS (v. 10.3.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +)
    Part Number: DTCNY14/16GB

You can refer kingston's official website for further details and it will also guide you where you can buy it from
    I was asking if you have used and reviewed the same drive by some benchmarking tools and so on. Anyways, i will check it out on the kingston website. Thanks for the information