Thread: blue screen with Kingston HyperX 3k SSD

blue screen with Kingston HyperX 3k SSD

I recently put in a new Kingston HyperX 3K 240gb SSD in my computer but soon after that I am having too many problems with that. Most of the time many software will freeze up even though I can still move the mouse for sometime and then the whole computer will crash and give me blue screen of death with stop error code 0000F4. After removing the SSD there is no problem using the computer with the hard drive. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: blue screen with Kingston HyperX 3k SSD

Did you check whether you have the latest firmware version installed for your Kingston HyperX 3k SSD? If not then try to get it from the Kingston website and install it first. You can also try to update your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version if possible. Also check the Sata ports and its cable whether it is not having any issues. Also go into your BIOS menu and then try to turn on the AHCI and IDE modes. Also try to turn on the TRIM.

There was an article given on the microsoft website to solve the problem that you are facing, please follow the below troubleshooting method:

• For Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) hard disks, configure your disk drive as master only. For Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disks, connect the hard disk cable to a master channel SATA connector on the motherboard.
    • Connect another device as a master, such as another disk drive or a CD drive or DVD drive.
    • Change your PATA cables, your SATA cable, or your IDE cable even if the cable does not appear worn.
    • Install Windows on a new hard disk because it is possible that your hard disk or your Windows installation may be corrupted.

More information is given on this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330100

Can you try to do some SSD drive disc check and see the output. To do that first update your SSD's firmware to the latest. After that re-seat the Sata and power cable. Now run this command in CMD "chkdsk /f/r". You can also test the SSD with a software called Seatools available on the Seagate website. Once you have downloaded this tool then burn it to a blank CD and then boot from the CD and wait for it to finish detecting drives and then select Long Test and run it.