Thread: Kingston or Mushkin Ram for old system?

Kingston or Mushkin Ram for old system?

Hello,

I am looking for some new RAM for an old system that uses PC2-6400 DDR2 SO-DIMM upto 800MHz. I was able to find Kingston 4gb ram with timings CL 5-5-5-18 and also similar kind of Mushkin 4g memory with same timings. Now, the kingston ram was kind of cheaper compared to the mushkin ram. Also, I found that the mushkin ram comes with heatsinks but the kingston doesnt? But even after that I am looking for a ram that will perform better, so which should I go for? Thanks

Re: Kingston or Mushkin Ram for old system?

Well, I have been using the Mushkin RAM's for years and they have not proven me wrong. The only bad part is that if you buy these rams second hand then all warranties will be invalidated. But if you have bought it newly then you will get a great customer service everytime when you will have some issues with the RAM. I havent used Kingston RAM so far so cannot say about same.

Kingston is a good choice but when you are comparing it with Mushkin Memory then you should definitely go for Mushkin. I am right now running Mushkin in all of my computer and it is giving outstanding performance. I even got a great customer service and support from the Mushkin team. Also, if you have more budget then you can also checkout Corsair memory modules that give good performance but they are a little costly.

I have found the Kingston RAM to be far more compatible with any boards that run on DDR2 memory modules. You can checkout the Kingston HyperX memory and check out the excellent performance that it gives. I have heard that Mushkin memory modules are also good but they are now outdated. I even had some bad experiences with OCZ memory that used to give serveral type of memory errors when testing the RAM.