Thread: Kingston ValueRAM problem causes games to crash

Kingston ValueRAM problem causes games to crash

I am trying to play Deadpool here. My system has a Intel Core i3 processor with 2GB graphic card and 4GB ram. There were two ram sticks of 2GB each. One of them stopped working. So I ordered a single stick of 2GB ram by Kingston. It is some valueram. I though this will be better for my system, but after adding that games are simply crashing. The pc looks to be working fine. The same game lags on a single 2GB stick.

Re: Kingston ValueRAM problem causes games to crash

Can be a faulty memory stick. Try to contact the vendor and ask for replacement. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the issue. Because you said the game is working on single ram stick but on both it is crashing. So better replace it and get a new one. That will be more better.

I also think the issue can be due to faulty ram. Usually a regular board comes with 2 or 4 ram slots. So before asking for replacement you can just verify the same by changing ram slots. There are possibility that damage or improper ram slots might be the cause of issue. Try to hook the ram on different slots and test back. I think one of that might be not proper. You can try to boot your pc with single ram. That is by adding the new one on each slot one by one and test out. If still the game crashing in all of them then definitely there is some issue with it. Somehow due to incompatible ram also this kind of issue appear. Like one ram that you are using is of 800Mhz and other one is of 1600Mhz then application becomes unstable. What is the specification of old ram. Just check that first. Both ram must have a standard specification to work properly with each other. When you use the same for regular work then there will be no issue but while gaming there can be a bit of unstability.

My laptop has gone through this kind of problem long before. I was having two ram slots on a dell laptop. Among which on one there was 2GB ram and I ordered a 4GB single ram stick for the other one. But when I added them both the system failed to boot. I returned the ram and bought a 2GB.

There are some memory test tool available which can help you in fixing the problem. Tools lime Memtest can tell you whether the ram you bought is fine or not. It is a bootable scanner. You will need to download the iso file and burn a dvd from it. Then you have to run the full system scan. If there an error detected that means the piece of stick you ordered is damage. You will need to ask for replacement. Also the second thing you have to do is check your motherboard specification. Under the ram section you can get clear specification about memory sticks. Like my board supports only 800Mhz ram. And if I add a 1600Mhz on the same it will be not detected by the bios. You can also install cpuz in your system which will give you more information about the ram and motherboard model through which you can locate this info.

There are some memory test tool available which can help you in fixing the problem. Tools lime Memtest can tell you whether the ram you bought is fine or not. It is a bootable scanner. You will need to download the iso file and burn a dvd from it. Then you have to run the full system scan. If there an error detected that means the piece of stick you ordered is damage. You will need to ask for replacement. Also the second thing you have to do is check your motherboard specification. Under the ram section you can get clear specification about memory sticks. Like my board supports only 800Mhz ram. And if I add a 1600Mhz on the same it will be not detected by the bios. You can also install cpuz in your system which will give you more information about the ram and motherboard model through which you can locate this info.