Thread: Kingston Hyperx Blu memory with Asus M5A97 issue

Kingston Hyperx Blu memory with Asus M5A97 issue

I am having Asus M5A97 motherboard with AMD Phenom processor. At the time of purchase I had added a 4GB ram on the same. It was a Kingston 4GB DDR3 memory. I had recently purchased Kingston Hyperx Blu RAM for better performance. I got that at a discounted rate. But when I had connected it on the system, the pc failed to boot. It looks the ram is not supported by the motherboard. I am trying to fix it properly. Can any one guide me for some basic solution through which I can make this thing work. Thanks.

Re: Kingston Hyperx Blu memory with Asus M5A97 issue

As per the motherboard specification, Kingston Hyperx Blu memory will work on the same. In that board you can add around 4 sticks of ram upto 32GB DDR3 ram. And Kingston Hyperx Blu comes in from 800MHz to 1,600MHz. Just try to match the hardware specification of both and then check back.

What is the RAM mhz. Verify that first. It looks like you are using a incompatible ram due to which you are getting the error. Try this. Connect your old ram first and then add Kingston Hyperx Blu also. Boot your system and go in bios. If the bios only shows the old ram then that memory will not work. It can be due to hardware difference. Also it is wise to test that ram on some other working computer also. There can be a hardware fault also which is very common in electronic items. If there is a hardware fault then you can simply get a replacement for the same. But if not then you had just wasted your money in buying a incompatible ram. The ram comes in different Mhz series. Like 1600Mhz. If you had bought the extreme edition and your existing motherboard only supports upto 1333Mhz, then that ram will not work under any condition. You can still go the vendor and change the memory. If he is good enough he will give you the replacement. Or else you can just keep that ram aside for future usage. It might work well on a upgraded motherboard.

I had stuck with the same situation. You are lucky to have issue with ram. I bought a incompatible graphic card which is still lying with me. I hope to sell it of if I get a reasonable price. You must take someone's advice before buying it.

Kingston Hyperx Blu is a high performance ram. Can you provide more detail on your model. Like the ram size, the frequency speed etc. It is clearly printed over the package itself. Usually the ram comes upto 16GB. And as per your board specification you can use upto 32GB on that. The ram comes in 1GB, 2GB and 4GB variation. And second important thing to check is the frequency speed. If that is poor then you will not get a better output. If you had purchased a DDR2 edition then it will be 800Mhz which will surely work on any motherboard. That is least ram frequency. But if you had purchased the DDR3 edition then it will being with 1333Mhz and maximum frequency speed is 1600Mhz. As per your board specification it supports 1333Mhz last. If you are not really willing to overclock the ram. I checked in the specs list on the official site of that board. It is clearly mentioned that the board cannot work with ram above 1333Mhz. So it is sure that you had purchased the ram variation which is higher than 1333Mhz. Try to get a replacement for the same.

It is a overclocking ram. Why you want that one. You can just by any regular ram stick with DDR3 specification. That's all. 4GB ram looks to be more than enough for any gaming pc. It is also cheaper compare to Kingston Hyperx Blu.

I did the same mistake when I was going for a assemble pc purchase. I selected the processor and motherboard properly based on the hardware specs. It is really important to match the cpu socket before buying a board or else it will not fit well. I bought a Intel Core i3 processor with Intel board only. Now the vendor suggested me to go for a better ram. I bought one of those Kingston high end series which looks to be a really costly upgrade. When everything was fixed up the system failed to boot which was due to ram. I later on replaced that. It was a high Mhz ram. So it is quiet recommended to buy wisely whenever you are going for a new memory stick. Kingston, HyperX, etc are having reasonable DDr3 models in the market that works really well with all pc and also cheaper for upgrades. Today a 2GB ram stick cost around Rs.7,00. Which is not bad at all. While if talk about this high end ram's then they surely cost much more higher.

Those are extreme level ram recommended for high end systems only. It is not really complicated to find a cheap ram in the market. Still you had already bought that. Contact me if you want to sell it at a reasonable price.