Thread: Will Kingston HyperX Predator memory work on Asus M5A99X motherboard

Will Kingston HyperX Predator memory work on Asus M5A99X motherboard

I just want to add a new ram on my system. My system specs are AMD Athlon, 2GB RAM, 500GB Hard drive, 1 GB Nvidia Gpu, and Asus M5A99X motherboard. Now the existing ram looks to be not working proper. There was a power issue at my home due to which the system was turned off. Later on when the power came back and I tried to turn it back there is a problem. The system fails to boot. I tried changing the cables and other stuff also. It looks there is a bit issue with RAM. I need some help here to simply replace the memory. I am using the pc for gaming, so I found this HyperX Predator series from Kingston. Does it will work on my board.

Re: Will Kingston HyperX Predator memory work on Asus M5A99X motherboard

Nope. The ram does not supports your motherboard. I had checked the specification which you can also find on the official website of Kingston. As per the specification the ram supports P55, H67, P67, H61(AG), E77 chipset Intel. And for AMD it supports A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 only. Your board has AMD 990X/SB950 chipset. So it is not worth to spend on costly ram.

Thanks for the reply. But my system has stopped working. Actually I was trying to go for some good gaming upgrade. That would offer me more better performance. My system is almost more than a year old and it is getting slow day by day. I had tested some new games on it, which does not works at full settings. Also there is a heat issue in the processor. Now I have a choice to upgrade my entire system to a full gaming pc. I had made a short list of cpu and motherboard which I am going to buy for upgrade. This time I am going to upgrade everything. I need a high end gaming pc which can rull all latest games on dual monitor. I am having a wide 32" TV at my home which comes with HDMI port. Rightnow when I try to play games on it, there is black screen in between. Sometime the game runs on low settings. So it obviously looks that it is the time to upgrade. I need some help here to choose the right gaming pc, and I am willing to go for AMD only. I had seen some Intel model's also, but they look a bit costly due to which I do not want to buy it. I am also keeping note of some gaming laptop. If they are entry level systems at a price range of Rs.30,000 to Rs.35,000 then i twill be great to buy it. I hope there are reasonable systems. For desktop actually I have more choices. I add 2GB card instead of 1 while on laptop I cannot upgrade.

That is correct. At a price of Rs.35,000 you can get a great gaming processor by AMD with 2GB card and also a bigger size monitor. The price list can be found on web. Do not go for desktop. Go for laptops, that will be more better I think.

I think for gaming if you want to go for AMD cpu then try out AMD FX-8150 Black Edition processor. A great cpu for gaming that comes for Rs.11,599. This cpu comes at a clock rate of 3.6Ghz which is not bad at all. That would be simply great for any new games released in the market. Also you can just hook a nice 2GB AMD gpu on the same and get the best out of your system. New games demands better hardware. It does not means you just have to spend a huge amount o f the most high end processor and ram in the market. FX-8150 is a 12W processor offering you 8192KB of L2 cache and 8192 of L3 cache. It has 8 cores with 3.6Ghz of clock speed. That could be increased to 4.2 through Turbo boost. So it comes with all performance power you need. All you have to do is buy a suitable board for the processor and choose right ram. Kingston HyperX Predator on the other hand is high speed ram offering you low latency and great performance. The ram is designed to handle more heat in terms of heavy usage which makes it better choice for gaming. There are two series available on the same. The H20 and Beast. So you must go for the once that you need based on the specification. It is right that you does not really need a very costly ram here. Any 2GB DDR3 stick will do the job. What matters is the graphic card.

The predator series by Kingston is more reliable. It is ideal for overclocking. So if you are going for a really costly system with a top notch cpu and turbo boost ability then why to go for traditional memory stick. Buy a better one which will be beneficial.

Kingston Predator is a 2666MHz ram that supports A75, A87, A88, A89, A78, and E35 (Fusion) AMD chipsets. That you have to take care while buying. The FX-8150 supports AM3 Socket Type. It is a bit complicated to match all the specification and find a right board. So the first thing you can do here is work on your laptop list. Because here you are getting everything packed inside. While if you go with assembled system, then it is complicated for you to match the hardware here. Which is time consuming as well costly. There are ample of great laptop in the market which comes below Rs.35,000/- offering you proper gaming and mulch-tasking output. So I am going to list some of them which will help you more to decide. I will begin with cheaper one. The first one is HP Pavilion 1000-1B02AU comes for Rs.20,800 has a APU Dual Core CPU, 2GB RAM and 320GB hard drive. It is the low end model great for editing work. The second one is Toshiba Satellite C840-I4010 which comes for Rs.26,100 has a Core i3 (2nd Generation), 2GB RAm, 500GB graphics and Intel HD Graphics 3000 support. While the third one is HP 431 Laptop which comes for Rs. 27,500 has a Core i3 (2nd Generation), 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Storage and 1GB DDR3 AMD Graphics 7450M . This can be enough for gaming output I think. You must simply try this.

Those are all reasonable mode. Under Rs.40,000 you can get a 1GB graphic with 720GB storage, 4GB ram and Intel Core i third generation processors. There are ample of models available on the web which will help you to locate the one you want.