Thread: Which one to choose from Kingston V+200 or Intel SSD 520

Which one to choose from Kingston V+200 or Intel SSD 520

I am stucked between choices of two SSD. The one is Kingston V+200 SSD or Intel SSD 520. Which one is better among this. I am looking for a reasonable update that can provide me more faster system output with great boot time. Another important thing here is backup. I am going to install the OS on the drive and along with the same I will also configure a automated backup on the same. I think that will be simply more helpful. When I looked for the best one I found this two one. I am looking for the best one here.

Re: Which one to choose from Kingston V+200 or Intel SSD 520

Both are almost same in terms of output I think. Compare to Intel, I think Kingston is more costlier. So you must go for the one which is lies more in budget. That will be more appropriate I think. It is essential that you must simply go for the one which is cheapest. SSD's are costly upgrade here.

SSD's are great choice when you are looking for performance. But I had seen there is a major price fall in SSD's from long time. There is a nice price fluctuation due to which this time we can afford. My system has a 120GB Kingston V+200 SSD. I think this one is great enough. I had purchased that for Rs.14,000/-. So that looks to be a budget upgrade for me. I had installed Windows 7 on it and it works great. The boot time is improved to great extent. The 120GB capacity SSD offer you a 535mb/s of sequential reads speed and 480mb/s of sequential writes speed. So that is simply great enough. The drive is powered by SandForce SF-2200 controller and has Intel NAND chips which are fast enough to give great output. I think compare to any other SSD's in the market Kingston is quiet reliable in terms of long lasting usage. It is more reliable and offers nice output also. You must hook that on a high speed sata interface to get the maximum output on your system. The data read and write speed is more better. I am not using it for any other purpose. It is just reserved for my OS only. Because I am using some video editing software which is resource hungry and puts heavy pressure on the system output. The output on the regular hard drive was poor but as I upgraded to SSD the output is greatly improved and awesome. You must go for the same And there are more cheaper alternative available under 60GB or 120GB variation also. So that is a bit helpful if you go for the cheaper upgrades.

In terms of performance both are one and the same. I had checked the ratings here which define that compare to Kingston, Intel gives you 10 to 20% of more performance output. So it is recommended that you buy on the basis of your budget.

Intel is better and cheaper also here I think. But there is a price variation on different places. I trust Intel in terms of reliability. I think you must simply go for it if you are looking for really long hardware support. That is better. SSD here offers you more output in terms of regular hard drive. So it is wise to choose the right model or else in future the upgrades will be costly for you. Intel SSD offers you the best quality NAND chips which makes it more better in terms of output. The SandForce controller here gives you great output on Sata 6GB/s. While the read and write speed lies near to Kingston. It offers you a maximum of 550 MB/x of read speed with 520 Mb/s of write speed. So that makes your job more better. Intel has provided some of the best ssds in the market which are great in output performance. If you are looking for an ideal output then going for a reasonable SSD's is good. There are many other brand other than Intel that can offer you more choices under budget. But somehow it is recommended that you must go for the best. Make a one time investment only. The 60GB variation of Intel 520 SSD comes for Rs.7200/ while if you go for 330 series then it will come for Rs.6400. As you can see there are ample of cheaper options available that would give you enough performance output. Do not forget to check the specification. That will be more helpful. You must checkout the specs first and then go for the upgrade which will give you more better output.

The new Intel SSD's are powered by 3rd generation controllers. Obviously which boost the speed to great extent offering you ample of great output in terms of specs. You must simply try to go for Intel only. Even I will recommend you the same one.

If you want the proof among which is the most fastest SSD then you can simply checkout ample of test report on the web. Intel rocks here. While Kingston comes after that. So if you are really serious about the output then you must simply go for Intel. Kingston gives you better thermal management. That makes the drive more reliable when you are using it for really long time. There is no great different between the read and write speed. Intel gives you 495mb/s of read speed while Kingston reaches around 487mb/s. You can see there is no great different. So buying here totally depends on you. I will advice you to buy whichever you are getting cheaper. That will be more better. There are only few mb's of difference. And that is not really going to put great impact. Also depending on your motherboard the speed fluctuates here. The read and write speed which is mentioned in the specification only applies if you are having a high end SATA controller with latest hardware support. Or else your output will be affected. It is better that you must go for the most recent SSD.

I am using OCZ from long time and I am quiet happy with the output. I bought it with my laptop. Adding a SSD is really great for boosting the performance especially for gaming and video editing job. It is easy to find a performance list from the web.