Thread: Kingston pen drive not showing files and folder even after getting detected in computer

Kingston pen drive not showing files and folder even after getting detected in computer

I have got an old 8gb Kingston pen drive with me. When I connect it in my pc then it gets detected but it will not show any files and folder on the computer? I have also scanned for Advanced Options - clean files with Nod antivirus and made sure that the files are not hidden but still I cannot see any files? Does anyone know what is wrong with this pen drive? Thanks.

Re: Kingston pen drive not showing files and folder even after getting detected in computer

Did you format the pen drive or not till yet, if not then see to it if the files are not in hidden mode. Anyways, download a tool called Autorun Exterminator and double click on it and then connect your pen drive. It will try to delete the autorun.inf file that is there on the pen drive. After that open Command Prompt and then enter the below command, assuming that your drive letter of pen drive is f:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*

After that check to see if you get the files or folders in the Pen Drive.

Re: Kingston pen drive not showing files and folder even after getting detected in computer

Even I was facing similar issue and no folders was displaying in my pen drive although it was there. What I did to fix this problem was, I wend into Tools > Folder Options > View and then checked the option of "Hide protected Operating System Files" and then the folders started to appear once again in the pen drive. Because of some virus issue this folders might have become a system folder and hence it was not displaying I think.

Well, if nothing is working for you then you can download a Data Recovery Software like GetDataBack. GetDataBack software can recover lost or deleted data by mistake. In just few steps, it is possible to recover files with a new generation algorithm to recreate folders, subfolders, and even file names. The software is available for FAT and NTFS systems. It is designed for the recovery of file allocation or NT file system management tables. The program helps the user to recover data when the partition table, boot record, the file allocation/MFT or root directory are lost or damaged, if the hard drive has been infected by a virus when the drive was formatted or was damaged with fdisk or affected by a power outage.